PDA

View Full Version : 11's levels 1-3: Never Bluff. Never Slowplay. Close to Optimal?

12-02-2005, 10:01 PM
Just wanted to confirm an observation that isn't backed by a large enough sample size to make me completely confident. If we don't count continuation bets (not sure if these are bluffs or not, really) should this pretty much be my approach?

I might make a few stabs at pots in later levels usually based on reads. And of course I'm going to steal blinds at every opportunity. Slow playing anything but heads-up hands, though, only seems to get me in trouble at almost any level.

I know these are generalities, but I'd like some thoughts on the matter from people who have played a significant number of 11's.

pineapple888
12-02-2005, 10:03 PM
Sure. You can't go far wrong with nothing but value bets and CBs at the 11s, and there's rarely a reason to slow play.

12-02-2005, 10:09 PM
Generally the only time I slowplay (meaning: don't bet/raise/checkraise the flop) early is if I flop an absolute monster, like a set on a Q72 rainbow board, or top full house, like AA on a board of A22. I'm playing pretty much anything else quickly, unless perhaps it's heads-up or I know the villain will bet for me.

jeffraider
12-02-2005, 11:44 PM
Yeah, I think it's close. Just hammer away with your good hands and fold the rest. It works g00t.