PDA

View Full Version : My 30/60 pocket pair < 88 stats

TBag
12-02-2005, 09:34 PM
I was poking around my pokertracker stats and one thing I found a bit peculiar was how much I was losing with my low pocket pairs.

Here's my stats, filtered for either 2-6 handed or 7-10 handed-
http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/9282/isuckwithlowpp7dy.jpg

Granted, I know it's a small sample size but it's still discerning. I would really like to compare my stats to others with the lower PP's. Hopefully I will find I'm doing alright and I'm not being a huge donkey, but if it's the latter I wouldn't be surprised.

Thanks guys.

roy_miami
12-02-2005, 10:07 PM
I'm winning 0.12BB/hand 2-6 players and 0.07BB/hand 7-10 players with these hands. I'm a bit tighter than you 7-10 handed (actually my average VPIP is 46.5%) with the exception of 77 where I'm 80% VPIP. I'm ALOT tighter then you 2-6 handed averaging 51% VPIP. Do you play a lot of heads up?

TBag
12-02-2005, 10:42 PM
I usually like playing as short handed as possible, but that usually isn't available. Whenever I turn on Party I usually shoot for the tables with the least people, and I start new tables somewhat frequently. But yeah, I suspected I'm just playing too many low pockets and I plan on cutting back on that for awhile and seeing how it turns out.

Edit - my VPIP when filtered for ONLY 6 handed is still 74%, but my BB/100 is +.49... which is starting to make me believe that these low PP's are pretty neutral EV regardless of how you play them and my very negative results are just variance. I'm still curious to see everyone elses VPIP standards, though.

Double edit - nice registration date.

12-03-2005, 03:03 AM
For what it's worth, I don't play 22, 33, or 44 anymore unless I'm in the BB and not calling more than 1 bet. If you read Caro or Sklansky, they would tell you this too.

TBag
12-03-2005, 12:22 PM
bump

newhizzle
12-03-2005, 12:36 PM
im in the middle of setting up a new hard drive and need to get pokertracker re-registered before i can access my database, but as far as i can remember i dont think im losing with any of them(i really dont know though)

are you limping in with these hands from early positions?
are you continuing in somewhat mulitiway pots when you miss?
are you calling a lot of bets with these hands UI?

i dont know, when i get my database back up ill check my numbers, but my general preflop strategy is to raise 77 early and fold the rest, raise 66 and sometimes 55 in middle position and raise all of them from late(opening the pot), and ill limp any of them after 2 limpers or so, after the flop is usually situational and my strategy will very depending on a lot of factors, maybe you should post some hands