PDA

View Full Version : Good or bad?

suited_ace
12-02-2005, 08:49 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (7 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

MP2 (t1220)
CO (t800)
Button (t1585)
SB (t655)
Hero (t990)
UTG (t1905)
MP1 (t845)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls t50, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (t150) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets t125</font>, Hero calls t125, MP1 folds.

Turn: (t400) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets t250</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t815 (All-In)</font>.

splashpot
12-02-2005, 08:52 PM
I'd go raise it up on the flop.

tigerite
12-02-2005, 08:57 PM
Indeed raise the flop, find out where you are and check he hasn't flopped some ludicrous two pair.

tipperdog
12-02-2005, 08:59 PM
I'd have put in a nice raise PF and tried to take it down there (to T200 or so).

Post flop, I like quite a lot and probably don't do this enough myself. You're likely ahead against an opponent with 3-5 outs. It's certainly possible that you're behind (to a set or 2-pair), but can you get away from TP/GK at ths blind level if you raise to 350 or so (the alternate line)? I could not.

If you raise the flop, he may fold a worse hand (a middle pair or worse ace). But if you call, you invite him to bet again. The turn card is mildly dangerous, so you decide to drop the hammer there. I imagine you were thinking something like this?

tigerite
12-02-2005, 09:00 PM
Raising PF is bad in my opinion, you'll be OOP on the flop.

tshort
12-02-2005, 09:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (7 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

MP2 (t1220)
CO (t800)
Button (t1585)
SB (t655)
Hero (t990)
UTG (t1905)
MP1 (t845)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls t50, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (t150) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets t125</font>, Hero calls t125, MP1 folds.

Turn: (t400) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets t250</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t815 (All-In)</font>.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with Tigerite and Splashpot. Raise the flop. Don't raise out of position pre-flop.

Buy-in is $11, $22, $33?

And what did he have A2, or did he flop the 2-pair/set?

bluefeet
12-02-2005, 09:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OP - don't answer that yet please. this is a fairly interesting hand. i'd like to see some more replies.

golfcchs
12-02-2005, 09:11 PM
I think this is a ok line. I would prefer this line though if it was not the sb betting. With the sb the chances of 2 pair greatly increase, so given that I would prefer to reraise on the flop to make sb define his hand.

bluefeet
12-02-2005, 09:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think this is a ok line. I would prefer this line though if it was not the sb betting. With the sb the chances of 2 pair greatly increase, so given that I would prefer to reraise on the flop to make sb define his hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

2-pair shouldn't be leading this strong (or at all) having flopped 2-pair/set - ESPECIALLY with the Ace and an EP limper in the hand.

suited_ace
12-02-2005, 09:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Buy-in is $11, $22, $33?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a $11, and if you're looking at the hand assuming that I posted because I lost, think again.

tigerite
12-02-2005, 09:19 PM
Ax /images/graemlins/club.gif is probably the best hand he has here, and I wouldn't be surprised to see much worse, but meh. I still raise the flop anyway, because at an $11 he will still call with an ace you have smashed.

12-02-2005, 09:21 PM
I'd raise it on the flop

[/ QUOTE ]
2-pair shouldn't be leading this strong (or at all) having flopped 2-pair/set - ESPECIALLY with the Ace and an EP limper in the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the sb has got 2 pair, I think he should lead out and bet. An ace is most likely going to raise - and then sb moves in.

EDIT: Didn't look at sb's stack size. He should obviously try to check-raise

bluefeet
12-02-2005, 09:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If the sb has got 2 pair, I think he should lead out and bet. An ace is most likely going to raise - and then sb moves in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Possibly. But not &gt;3/4th pot. He gains nothing from any other limped, non-Ace hand. A weak 'I have a piece here...how bout you guys?' lead could be effective.

Letting EP represent the Ace vs. the non-raising blinds is superior.

SB is not much of a concern. How about UTG?

tewall
12-03-2005, 12:25 AM
I don't see how playing in a way that is focused on being worried about a 2 pair could possibly be the best way of thinking about this. AJ is a very strong hand here. This is a nice flop for it, with little in the way of draws.

If you raise because you think a fish will call you down with a worse hand, that's one thing. But if you raise because you're worried about being beaten by a better hand, that's an unreasonable worry. If these were deep stacks, that would be another story. But here, with 150 in the pot, if hero raises, and gets reraised, he'll be getting something like 4 to 1 odds to call. How could he possibly fold that?

So here you need to assume your ahead, and commit to the hand. If you get beat, that's just the breaks. The only question to consider is how to get the most money in the pot.

bluefeet
12-03-2005, 12:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't see how playing in a way that is focused on being worried about a 2 pair could possibly be the best way of thinking about this. AJ is a very strong hand here. This is a nice flop for it, with little in the way of draws.

If you raise because you think a fish will call you down with a worse hand, that's one thing. But if you raise because you're worried about being beaten by a better hand, that's an unreasonable worry. If these were deep stacks, that would be another story. But here, with 150 in the pot, if hero raises, and gets reraised, he'll be getting something like 4 to 1 odds to call. How could he possibly fold that?

So here you need to assume your ahead, and commit to the hand. If you get beat, that's just the breaks. The only question to consider is how to get the most money in the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I'd call, bring EP along possibly - drop the hammer on the turn with or without the blind's lead (hopefully with).