PDA

View Full Version : My Comic Book Idea

henrikrh
12-02-2005, 07:35 PM
Ok, the hero of the comic is Death. Before the time setting of the comic death simply served the purpose god created for him, he and a fellow female reaper extracted the souls of people after they died and watched over the cycles of death and birth. However, after the female death in a fit of rage kills a human out of malice rather than because of god's divine plan an angel kills her. This causes the hero to go insane, and we basically follow death as he fights the forces of good and hunts the angel that killed his lover.

Now the twist is that god is not omnipotent (makes no sense fighting an omnipotent force), besides which god doesn't want to kill death, still needs him to serve his role and still thinks he can redeem himself. Death and his female counterpart are in fact adam and eve, who's forms were twisted and charred after they disobeyed god (vengeful old-testament style god, so much cooler).

Anyways, good meets evil type story, only following the evil this time and loosely based on the bible.

Anyone dig it?

Dynasty
12-02-2005, 07:39 PM
The idea is good. The execution will be difficult.

Genuine success will create controversey.

offTopic
12-02-2005, 07:57 PM
henrikrh: Does Vertigo still exist? This sounds tailor-made for that line. If I was still doing the comics thing, I'd buy it!

Dynasty: Don't be such a pessimist...people are always willing to be openminded about religion. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Good luck,
offTopic

henrikrh
12-02-2005, 08:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
henrikrh: Does Vertigo still exist? This sounds tailor-made for that line. If I was still doing the comics thing, I'd buy it!

Dynasty: Don't be such a pessimist...people are always willing to be openminded about religion. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Good luck,
offTopic

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't know about vertigo, last I was into comics I mainly bought Darkhorse, read some Darkness and Withblade. The ideas I have about the art fall far from that, I'm thinking less outline-ish and more oil painting, very noir, mostly black and red tones, cept of course for angels, where I'm thinking along the lines of Diablo 2 (videogame) cinematics, those had soem really cool angels.

I'm a terrible artist though, and very lazy, so it will take a lot of spare time to get me developing this idea into any sort of a narrative.

gamblore99
12-02-2005, 08:15 PM
and the hero has terrible diarrhea

Macdaddy Warsaw
12-02-2005, 08:51 PM
You should read some comic books by Alan Moore, Neil Gaiman, and J. Michael Straczynski. There are plenty of other writers who are good, like Brian Michael Bendis and Frank Miller, but the first three have written more mature books in my opinion. If you actually are serious about doing this, I would go the darker path. JMS' stuff might be the best to look at first because between Rising Stars and Midnight Nation, I could see him lending some influnce to you.

Good luck, idea sounds cool. I've always had an idea for a story or novel or video game about a vulnerable God too. Meh, anyway...