PDA

View Full Version : 87s hand while on a rush

psyduck
12-02-2005, 07:33 PM
B&M $3/6

Semi-tight good mostly straightforward player limps UTG+1. I'm on a pretty nice rush (won lots of hands with and without showdowns in the past 10 minutes, and generally show good hands at showdown) and raise 87s in MP. Blinds scram, and we take the flop heads-up.

Flop comes 87Xr. He bets, I raise, he calls. Turn comes 6r. He checks, I bet, he calls. River comes T. He checks, I bet, he raises, I fold.

Good?

Edit: he respects my TAGgy play and I respect his.

stillbr
12-02-2005, 07:39 PM
Sounds like the tightest 3-6 B&M game ever.

psyduck
12-02-2005, 09:08 PM
wtf??

does everyone else think my river fold is horrible?

CanKid
12-02-2005, 09:21 PM
Due to most these live nits bet/calling a pair on the flop and c/c turn, I like to call the flop to raise the turn.

Raising the flop is good if he will 3-bet 1 pair, but I doubt that happens much with this crowd in a live game.

psyduck
12-03-2005, 06:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Due to most these live nits bet/calling a pair on the flop and c/c turn, I like to call the flop to raise the turn.

Raising the flop is good if he will 3-bet 1 pair, but I doubt that happens much with this crowd in a live game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems like being the optimal play in most cases. However, the table and this person knew I was pretty aggressive postflop. I *could* have AK in this spot (albeit not that often), and this opponent would 3-bet TPTK against me, meaning I could then extract more chips from him both on flop and turn.