PDA

View Full Version : Call allin on the bubble with junk?

kamrann
12-02-2005, 07:25 PM
Slightly bizarre one here, maybe I've gone a bit mad. Anyway, bubble of a Mini Step 3 (top 2 $165, 3rd $55).

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t600 (3 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Button (t4327)
SB (t3233)
Hero (t2440)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif.
1 fold, SB raises allin, Hero...?

Odds from the pot are 1.67:1. Fold leaving yourself with 1800 and posting 300 next hand, allowing 2nd stack to move up to 3800, or call allin with a pile of poop?

pineapple888
12-02-2005, 07:54 PM
With the mini-step structure, looks like an easy fold to me.

12-02-2005, 08:02 PM
Hey Kam, been following your progess over on TPF, how's it going recently?

As for the hand, I'm no Pro but it looks like an easy fold...

mlagoo
12-02-2005, 08:05 PM
drop it like its hot, as the young say.

kamrann
12-02-2005, 08:21 PM
Okay, guess I had a bit of a brainfart here then. I really didn't think it's as cold ct as you guys all seem to think.

Basically, his range is very wide here, especially given the fact he'd been pushing a lot. I figured I was probably about a 40:60 dog, unlikely to be much worse, and if I won I had prety much made top two. So the question was did I have that good a chance of top two if I folded, given I'd be left with half the stack of the next guy, and would have to push one of the following two hands.

Anyway, I decided I didn't want to fall this far behind and called. He flipped 5s9s. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

I guess it was dumb. Calling allin nearly always sucks.

kamrann
12-02-2005, 08:27 PM
Hey Dan. Going slow but steady thanks.

A week or so ago I started up a set of 4 Mini Step 2's as a break from the grind of regular SNG's. They're hell though. It's almost impossible to drop out, so many places give reentries, I've just found myself bouncing back and forth between steps 1 and 4 endlessly, no idea how many hours I've spent playing from those initial 4 $22 buyins.

Anyway, I've finally managed to bust out of 3 and got the other up to step 5, which I'll play tonight and get the whole thing over with. Even if I win it'll probably average out to an hourly rate of about $3. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

How are the SNGs going for you lately?

12-02-2005, 08:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

How are the SNGs going for you lately?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah not too bad, I'd taken a break for a few days to catch up on some reading to improve my game, slowing building my bankroll and have enough for the $10s, but my goal at the moment is to learn to play multiple tables, as I've always single-tabled, so I'll still be grinding out the $5s doing that then its onwards and upwards I hope! Good to see ya keep going though!