PDA

View Full Version : HU 3/6 Chairman tries to read hands

Chairman Wood
12-02-2005, 06:38 PM
Read on villian is that he is a little passive compared to most people when playing HU. However, I have seen him semibluff and semibluff raise, c/r semibluff some flush draws not today but on other days, bet decent hands. But he hasn't gotten out of line. I think he thinks i'm a little wacko and has employed the strategy of I check and I will let him hang himself when I flop bottom pair. I'm not sure but I think I up about 5 bets on him at this point.
3/6 Chairman receives T /images/graemlins/club.gif 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif on button, also I post SB he is Big
Chairman Raises, villian calls
Flop (4SB) 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif2 /images/graemlins/club.gif 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
villian checks, Chairman bets, villian calls
Turn (3BB) T /images/graemlins/spade.gif
villian checks, chairman bets, villian calls
River 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif (5BB)
villian checks, chairman bets, villian raises, chairman thinks for 5 seconds and 3-bets.

Chairman Wood
12-02-2005, 06:39 PM
If you guys are kind enough to respond and wish my further input I will be back in an hour. Sorry, dinner time.

Jinx
12-02-2005, 06:54 PM
you have top 2 pair in a HU game, on a board that's not 4 to a straight and has no flush possibilities. Yes 3 bet and call a cap.

climber
12-02-2005, 07:08 PM
what jinx said...and dont play 3/6 HU--as cool as you feel doing it the rake is a killer. Its not +EV unless you have a monster edge on this guy. and when you have a monster edge you know you own the guy and you dont have to post hands afterwards.

PokerSparky
12-02-2005, 07:20 PM
The checkraise on the river is scary IMO. It may be MUBS, but I probably just call this in the moment.

This certainly could be (probably is) a lower two pair, so a three-bet is probably best.

Peter Harris
12-02-2005, 07:28 PM
as others have said, 3bet and call a cap. you can't fear 45 or a pocket pair [which should have 3bet PF] here. under 2pr definitely possible.

Chairman Wood
12-02-2005, 08:23 PM
I'm not really new here but what is MUBS?

Chairman Wood
12-02-2005, 08:28 PM
I appreciate everyone's comments. I know nearly everyone said that it is much more likely he has an under two pair due to hand distrubtions than 45 or 66 and that is the reason I should 3-bet but does anyone really dismiss the idea that he has 45 by his lack of aggresion on previous streets?

Edit: I wrote that wrong. I needed to change that to say does anyone eliminate the possiblity of him having 45 due to his lack of aggresion on previous streets. If he had that hand he would have semibluffed in some manner.

smartalecc5
12-02-2005, 08:39 PM
You can't fear monsters under the bed or you'll miss lots of value bets.

Chairman Wood
12-02-2005, 08:53 PM
Thanks, alec sorry I wrote my post that you replied to wrong.

PokerSparky
12-02-2005, 10:23 PM
Monster Under The Bed Syndrome.