PDA

View Full Version : TT in big pot

stillbr
12-02-2005, 06:25 PM
I open with TT in UTG+1. Folded to a good multi-tabling player in MP who 3-bets. Lagtard on the button caps it. Unknown SB calls all the bets, from what I have seen so far he seems reasonable. So its 2 bets back to me. This is an easy call right?

Flop comes 2 9 Q

SB checks, I check, MP bets, Lagtard calls, sb calls, I call

Turn comes a J

SB Bets, I hate his bet and call, MP raises, Lagtard calls, SB calls, I call

River comes a 2

I check fold

Standard?

damaniac
12-02-2005, 06:30 PM
Preflop: No folding a pair (much less a big one) when getting 14:2 (7:1).

Flop: 19:1, not much hope but even if your hand is never good, you have odds to hit your set.

Turn: 11:1 with a 1-card OESD, might get raised behind you but you have enough equity to peel, even if you are chopping some of the time. I don't have an especially big reason to fear AT/KT being out there to screw you over if you hit, but it might happen, bu 11:1 is more than enough cushion.

River: b/w a decent SB and a good MP likely going to showdown and paint everywhere, easy fold.

shark6
12-02-2005, 06:33 PM
PF: Assuming everyone calls the cap, you're getting 7.5-1 on the call. It's about 8-1 to flop a set, so I think it's an easy call.

Flop: You're getting 19-1 on a call. You probably have 2.5 outs (2 for set, .5 for backdoor straight). So I'd call here as well.

Turn: You have an OESD in a huge pot. Assuming suits don't matter, I'd call here as well.

River: I think a check/fold is fine also.

12-02-2005, 06:37 PM
The preflop call is totally fine and standard. Hope you flop a set or low cards come. I don't hate the flop call, but I do hate the turn call. EDIT: I'm blind! I didn't see the OESD. I don't mind tha call at all. In fact, I think you should raise the turn! Take a free SD if you can get it.