PDA

View Full Version : Most Hated People In Golf - New Champs (Wiesy Content!)

Bill Murphy
07-09-2003, 12:24 AM
Rest easy, Vijay, you're off the hook now:

http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/story?id=1577822

My favorite parts:

The Wies told the Associated Press that (Danielle)Ammaccapane, 37, said to the teenager: "You're the worst kid I've ever seen play golf. You'll never make it to the LPGA. I will make money. You will not.''

HAHAHAHHAHA! Just try to keep your card til Michelle turns pro, Dani, when the purses'll double.

Ammaccapane career stats:

http://www.lpga.com/players/index.cfm?cont_type_id=1681&player_id=31162

Record in Majors:

http://www.lpga.com/players/index.cfm?cont_type_id=1681&player_id=31162#major

Decent career; prolly the equivalent of Fred Funk or Billy Mayfair, maybe. Horrendous major record, I'll let someone else do the missed cut percentage. /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

And then there's..

Danielle Ammaccapane's only comment to the Associated Press on Friday was that if B.J. Wie was going to say bad things about her, "He's going to get an ear full from my father.''

Who's the 13 year old again?

Maybe her dad can fight the PGA dad that rassled w/John Daly a couple years ago.

Pathetic. Props by the way to Annika for the clutch finish Sunday, using that Colonial exp. to full effect. Kinda like Scottie Pippen in Game 7 of the 2000 West. Conf. Finals! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Honestly, if she was just practicing, she'd prolly make eagle more often then bogey from where her drive was on 18; maybe much more often. Least she didn't gag the LPGA Champ playoff to Grace Park(hottie). Anybody catch Grace's reaction to the "your fellow Korean" comment in the post-round interview Sunday? /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

Pro golf just rules OK. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

andyfox
07-09-2003, 12:40 AM
Yeah, that Annika just can't play.

HDPM
07-09-2003, 10:48 AM
Yeah, I've read some of the articles. Ammacapane was out of line. Her dad was out of line, although after BJ Wie lied about Dani physically pushing Michelle and blamed it on not understanding what his daughter said, he had to expect somebody would blow a gasket. (I can almost understand not understanding Michelle. She doesn't speak well even after the braces came off and has the 13 y/o vocabulary. "So what happened?" "Well, she like you know came up and you know goes like you know and I'm all like....") So Dani and her family came off looking horrible. BJ Wie confirmed he is an idiot and has no business on the course with his daughter. And Michelle looking more and more like a kid with unbelievable talent who will be in rehab not Stanford at 20y/o. In this case a trip to leadbetter might be perfect. She needs to get as far away from BJ as possible. He looks like he meddles way too much in some things and is overprotective in others. No harm in having her yelled at some for her atrocious conduct on the course. She has played several national events and should know better. Most 13 y/o's have an excuse, but after you've played big events you don't. And she should tell her dad where to stand, etc.... I don't care if she's the kid, she's the golfer and the golfer is responsible for the caddie. Period. Which is why BJ has no business caddying. I do hope the USGA bans parents caddying for juniors in all events, not just junior open.

Bill Murphy
07-09-2003, 06:58 PM
Where'd I say that, or even imply it? I was running some tongue-in-cheek, Jim Rome-style smack. Flicka herself would tell you that approach on 18 Sunday was prolly the worst shot of her career. Might be her most wanted mulligan twenty years from now. Johnny Miller was almost speechless over it.

Flicka's certainly the best lady golfer in the world, maybe of all time, considering the tougher competition now. But as she's also said, she underperformed in the majors after the '96 US Open, often getting tight. That's why she started lifting and played Colonial. A win and a 4th, first two majors post-Colonial's pretty good. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif