PDA

View Full Version : System of A Down - HYPNOTIZE

12-02-2005, 04:49 PM
New System of A Down CD HYPNOTIZE roXerz your boxerz /images/graemlins/blush.gif

but seriously good tunes and great add on to the last CD MESMERIZE.

This CD plays close to home. the song "Lonley Day" is unfortunately the song i would adhere most /images/graemlins/mad.gif

If anyone here listens to SoAD whats your opinion?

swede123
12-02-2005, 04:51 PM
My only SoAD exposure has been on the radio, and based on those radio-hits this group might be one of the most annoying bands of recent times. What's up with all the screaming anyway?

Swede

12-02-2005, 04:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
New System of A Down CD HYPNOTIZE roXerz your boxerz /images/graemlins/blush.gif

but seriously good tunes and great add on to the last CD MESMERIZE.

This CD plays close to home. the song "Lonley Day" is unfortunately the song i would adhere most /images/graemlins/mad.gif

If anyone here listens to SoAD whats your opinion?

[/ QUOTE ]

I really enjoyed both of these cd's very much. In my opinion, I think that mesmerize was better than hypnotize but not by much. They are both amazing albums and everyone should give them a listen.

12-02-2005, 04:58 PM
you they tend to cross over into the metal rock scene a lot, but in this recent cd its a lot more mel-o...they're out there i admit that but this cd is worth a listen.

TheIrishThug
12-02-2005, 05:01 PM
[generic comment that repeats everything said by ppl who have listened to the albumn]

Lazymeatball
12-02-2005, 05:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this really deserves a second *

Sightless
12-02-2005, 05:14 PM
She is Like Heroin is stuck in my head for the past week and a half ):

Cancuk
12-02-2005, 05:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you they tend to cross over into the metal rock scene a lot, but in this recent cd its a lot more mel-o...they're out there i admit that but this cd is worth a listen.

[/ QUOTE ]

They are really not "out there" at all, it's just heavier than the top 40 shizit that Swede listens to...a la Nickleback/Creed

Nicholasp27
12-02-2005, 05:17 PM
i haven't heard this new one yet, but i love their old stuff, toxicity and steal this album...and what i've heard on radio of mes/hyp is great...need to buy both

swede123
12-02-2005, 05:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

They are really not "out there" at all, it's just heavier than the top 40 shizit that Swede listens to...a la Nickleback/Creed

[/ QUOTE ]

Scott Stapp is the freakin bomb-diggity. If I was a girl I'd so want to give birth to his babies.

Swede

FouTight
12-02-2005, 06:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you they tend to cross over into the metal rock scene a lot

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are a little backwards here...

tinga81
12-02-2005, 06:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
She is Like Heroin is stuck in my head for the past week and a half ):

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here! Good followup to the last cd (I played the [censored] out of it). This isn't even the genre of music I listen to, but for some reason, I like it.

I hear these guys put on a killer live show, I would love to go if they come around my area.

NobodysFreak
12-02-2005, 06:24 PM
Easily the most annoying band since Korn.

TheIrishThug
12-02-2005, 06:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I hear these guys put on a killer live show, I would love to go if they come around my area.

[/ QUOTE ]

i can confirm that. contiental this summer. saying it was the best concert i've gone to doesn't say much cause it was my 2nd concert, but still.

doing the begining of songs like cigarro is genius. also a concert is not a concert til the guy next to u drunkenly pisses over the railing.

FouTight
12-02-2005, 06:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i can confirm that. contiental this summer. saying it was the best concert i've gone to doesn't say much cause it was my 2nd concert, but still.

doing the begining of songs like cigarro is genius. also a concert is not a concert til the guy next to u drunkenly pisses over the railing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Between 98 and 2002 I saw them about 6 times, great entertainment, at least back then, can't speak for the last few years, stopped going to shows.

They are a quirky, entertaining band, but a little too political for me at this point.

CheckRaise
12-02-2005, 07:56 PM
Never seen them live but they are touring with The Mars Volta so I'm definetly plan on going to that show. I thought they might be [censored] live but its good to hear that they put on a good show.

KJS
12-02-2005, 09:28 PM
Listen to real metal instead.

The new Bolt Thrower CD "Those Once Loyal" KILLS.

KJS

vexvelour
12-02-2005, 11:30 PM
When the CD came out I was really really sick with a cold and I pretty much put it on and fell asleep to it.

I'm kind of dissapointed that Serj is more of a background singer and that Daryn is more prominent- I like Serj in the front and Daryn in the back. Oh well.

System [censored] rules because they speak the truth in a world full of lies.

12-03-2005, 01:55 AM
System of a Down is one of the best bands out there. Definitely in my top 5. Hypnotize rock. Hell, all of their albums rock. They're just amazing. Attack is probably my fav off the new album right now.