PDA

View Full Version : Re-Raise the River?

slim
07-08-2003, 11:09 PM
10-20 Live...
4 callers to me and I pick up black K's in the cutoff and raise.....button and blinds fold.
Flop is 9-7-3 with 2 diamonds.
checked to player on my right(MP) who bets, I raise, EP calls 2 cold, EP+1 folds, MP calls.
Turn is a Qs....checked to me , bet, call,call.
River is Kh....final board 9-7-3-Q-K no flush.
Checked to me, I bet, EP raises.......MP folds.

Who calls, who reraises?

MadSci
07-09-2003, 12:52 AM
am I missing something? Isn't this an obvious re-raise? I would guess your opponent has 2 pair. The straight is possible, of course, but hey, it would have been made running.

tj00
07-09-2003, 01:04 AM
Pop it again. I will guess raiser has K9d.

w22shaggy
07-09-2003, 01:21 AM
Tough one! /forums/images/icons/confused.gif Nice pot already. If you call and the lucky straight is there you have cut your own loses, but this is an chance to earn a little more. Drop the hammer. EP has got K9/ KQ.

slim
07-09-2003, 10:28 PM
Well,I did re-raise and got re-raised again. I said "you better show me J-10 diamonds"......he showed me J-10 no diamond. That ticked me off a bit because I know he is normally a good player, I couldn''t believe he called 2 bets cold on the flop for a gutshot.

Anyways, I just wanted re-assurance that my re-raise was not out of line. Thanks for the input.

Ed Miller
07-09-2003, 10:48 PM
I would have just called the river raise. I thought JT was the most likely hand... I'm not surprised at all that you were shown that hand.

On another note, I think you should ask yourself why you are saying things like "you better show me J-10 diamonds" at the table.

slim
07-09-2003, 11:04 PM
You are right, Majorkong, I shouldn't have said anything. I think I said it because my stupid ego got in the way. I had to pay him off and wanted to tell him in a backhanded way that if he doesn;t have the J-10 diamonds, he made a bad call on the flop. But I shouldn't have said anything. Sometimes when you are in the heat of things, especially when you are about to pay someone off, you don't think straight (at least I don't)and you say stupid things.

Ed Miller
07-09-2003, 11:05 PM
Don't rationalize it... change it. Stop saying these things.

Dynasty
07-10-2003, 01:25 AM
You need to realize that he had more than a gut-shot draw. He also had overcards. There are many situations when you should call with a gut-shot and overcards. If the flop were 7,5,2, I would usually call two cold with A4 (let's say I had a free play in the big blind). In this situation his overcards weren't good but often they will be.