PDA

View Full Version : Movies always on that you just won't/haven't watched.

BottlesOf
12-02-2005, 03:58 PM
Tremors. This movie (1990, with a young and freakish-haired Kevin Bacon) is ALWAYS on. It's on like every channel. I just can't get into it. I have no desire to watch it, but everytime I flip through channels it's on one of them, usually half over.

Anyone else constantly see the same movie on and refuse to watch?

InchoateHand
12-02-2005, 04:00 PM
Twister seems like it has been playing on some channel, non-stop, since its release. I refuse to watch it, but I feel like I know all the lines by this point.

man
12-02-2005, 04:02 PM
the garden state. I fear that I will actually like it and fall in with the cult of existential-anxiety ridden 20-somethings and never respect myself again.

Alobar
12-02-2005, 04:03 PM
oh man, Tremors is one of my all time favorite movies.

highlife
12-02-2005, 04:03 PM
Titanic. I made a pact with my friend in highschool to never see this movie. he broke the pact because he is pussywhipped by his gf but i never did.

Cancuk
12-02-2005, 04:04 PM
It's not so much that it's always on, but "The Fast and the Furious" along with it's sequel, "Too fast, too furious" (jesus christ...) I refuse to ever see. ever.

TheMainEvent
12-02-2005, 04:04 PM
It's a Wonderful Life

wayabvpar
12-02-2005, 04:05 PM
I have not, and will continue to refuse to see E.T. The hype about it when it was released made me physically ill.

Alobar
12-02-2005, 04:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Titanic. I made a pact with my friend in highschool to never see this movie. he broke the pact because he is pussywhipped by his gf but i never did.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have that same pact...only with myself. I want it put on my tombstone that I never watched titanic

shant
12-02-2005, 04:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree. JBB, there are other movies to avoid, Tremors is not one of them.

offTopic
12-02-2005, 04:07 PM
Hi JBB,

Too many to mention, although I quite enjoyed Tremors. Currently, The Engagement Ring comes to mind, because whenever TNT does on of these movies, they tend to show the hell out of it.

For more mainstream movies, I will always skip over Titanic and anything with Kathy Bates.

Surfing with the remote,
offTopic

Cancuk
12-02-2005, 04:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have that same pact...only with myself. I want it put on my tombstone that I never watched titanic

[/ QUOTE ]

The Ship Sinks

BottlesOf
12-02-2005, 04:09 PM
Oh dude, make an exception for Misery.

imported_The Vibesman
12-02-2005, 04:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
freakish-haired Kevin Bacon

[/ QUOTE ]

His hair was always like that. It was freaky when he changed it.

TheIrishThug
12-02-2005, 04:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Tremors. This movie (1990, with a young and freakish-haired Kevin Bacon) is ALWAYS on. It's on like every channel. I just can't get into it. I have no desire to watch it, but everytime I flip through channels it's on one of them, usually half over.

[/ QUOTE ]

should should see it. and the 2nd one. but u can pass on 3.

CORed
12-02-2005, 04:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The Ship Sinks

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn! You went and spoiled the ending.

offTopic
12-02-2005, 04:16 PM
Hi JBB:

I actually saw Misery in the theater, and quite liked it, but if I see it on TV, I'll still skip it because it will be edited and I also dislike commercials.

Ulysses
12-02-2005, 04:24 PM
JBB: Tremors is great.

imported_The Vibesman
12-02-2005, 04:25 PM
Coppola's Dracula, I guess. I like vampire movies, and the Dracula novel, but the thought of Winona Ryder and Keanu Reeves as Mina and Jonathan Harker...blecch. It's been on a lot lately too.

jackdaniels
12-02-2005, 04:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's a Wonderful Life

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, this one.

And not like you need another person to convince you but...

Tremors is a pretty good movie. I would definitly recommend watching it.

Benal
12-02-2005, 04:34 PM
Any Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter movie. They're always playing on TMN (The Movie Network) here in Canada, and I have yet to watch any of them.

BoogerFace
12-02-2005, 04:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's a Wonderful Life

[/ QUOTE ]

My girlfriend made we watch it last year. It took a lot of scotch, but I got great head out of the deal.

miajag81
12-02-2005, 04:37 PM
the original Star Wars trilogy

asofel
12-02-2005, 04:37 PM
Tremors is good old fashioned fun brotha. Some of the others listed here however, definitely avoid.

SL__72
12-02-2005, 04:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's a Wonderful Life

[/ QUOTE ]
Same.

Looking at the IMDB top 250 list, that and One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest are the only ones I haven't seen. I've seen 45 of the top 50 in fact... I should really just see the rest of them I guess.

Alobar
12-02-2005, 04:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the 3 newest ones are the ones to avoid, not the original 3

swede123
12-02-2005, 04:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Looking at the IMDB top 250 list, that and One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest are the only ones I haven't seen. I've seen 45 of the top 50 in fact...

[/ QUOTE ]

These are the only two movies of the top 250 you HAVEN'T seen, yet you have missed five out of the top 50. I don't understand this.

Swede

BottlesOf
12-02-2005, 04:52 PM
I should clarify:

I don't have anything against Tremors, although I never felt compelled to watch it, as it looked like stupid sci fi as opposed to cool sci-fi. However, the overwhelming sentiment is that it's worth watching, so I will def. check it out.

My example of Tremors was just that I see it on multiple channels, and always catch it half-way over, so I don't really have an opportunity to see it. That and it never looked that amazing led it to be the prime example of "one of those movies." I will try and catch the whole thing at some point.

Eurotrash
12-02-2005, 04:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree. JBB, there are other movies to avoid, Tremors is not one of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

hells yes, Tremors is great

CollinEstes
12-02-2005, 04:53 PM
I have never seen pretty women and never intend on seeing it, no matter how many time TNT or TBS runs it.

Dominic
12-02-2005, 04:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hi JBB,

Too many to mention, although I quite enjoyed Tremors. Currently, The Engagement Ring comes to mind, because whenever TNT does on of these movies, they tend to show the hell out of it.

For more mainstream movies, I will always skip over Titanic and anything with Kathy Bates.

Surfing with the remote,
offTopic

[/ QUOTE ]

what's wrong with Kathy Bates? I think she's awesome. Titanic was horrible, though.

man
12-02-2005, 04:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
you're probably missing out on a lot. at least watch the first two. well, you should only watch the first one so that the second one makes sense. IV and VI are pretty good, but nothing beats V.

Eurotrash
[ QUOTE ]
the garden state. I fear that I will actually like it and fall in with the cult of existential-anxiety ridden 20-somethings and never respect myself again.

[/ QUOTE ]

but the soundtrack is chock-full of whiny emo hipster music that, judging from your list in jason's 25 songs thread, you'll probably dig.

jackdaniels
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's a Wonderful Life

[/ QUOTE ]

My girlfriend made we watch it last year. It took a lot of scotch, but I got great head out of the deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

As a married man, I must say that the inclusion of some head would sway me to watching the movie. Sad, I know. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

man
12-02-2005, 04:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

but the soundtrack is chock-full of whiny emo hipster music that, judging from your list in jason's 25 songs thread, you'll probably dig.

[/ QUOTE ]
haha. maybe I'll buy the soundtrack. but I'd have to hide it under my bed.

jwp
12-02-2005, 05:02 PM
You've Got Mail -- perpetually running in a loop on TNT.
The Sound of Music & It's a Wonderful Life -- annual events that I annually skip.

JWP

CollinEstes
12-02-2005, 05:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
haha. maybe I'll buy the soundtrack. but I'd have to hide it under my bed.

[/ QUOTE ]

No shame in the soundtrack. I own it and think that most of the music is chill.

BoogerFace
12-02-2005, 05:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's a Wonderful Life

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As a married man, I must say that the inclusion of some head would sway me to watching the movie. Sad, I know. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/frown.gif

SL__72
12-02-2005, 05:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Looking at the IMDB top 250 list, that and One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest are the only ones I haven't seen. I've seen 45 of the top 50 in fact...

[/ QUOTE ]

These are the only two movies of the top 250 you HAVEN'T seen, yet you have missed five out of the top 50. I don't understand this.

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

Bleh, it was supposed to say the only 2 of the top 30.

TheMainEvent
12-02-2005, 05:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You've Got Mail -- perpetually running in a loop on TNT.

[/ QUOTE ]

I caved on this one last week /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

12-02-2005, 05:17 PM
Fahrenheit 9/11.

Amid Cent
12-02-2005, 05:23 PM
Dances with Wolves.

offTopic
12-02-2005, 05:24 PM
Hi Dom,

I think Kathy Bates is a fine actress, but in the context of the OP, her presence when I'm flipping channels usually means Fried Green Tomatoes (which I haven't seen and have no interest in seeing), Titanic (already been discussed), or an edited version of Misery.

Give me the 190576th showing of Hunt For Red October, say I.

Trying to defect,
offTopic

Jules22
12-02-2005, 05:41 PM
the harry potter movies

swede123
12-02-2005, 05:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Titanic was horrible, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's funny so many mention Titanic. When I saw it in the theatre back when I made a pledge with myself that I could go the rest of my life w/o seeing it. Well, as I was stuck in a blizzard in Sioux Falls this week the movie was on HBO or something and I ended up watching it again. I must give props to DeCaprio for his range, he did a pretty fair job with what he had to work with (Cameron writing/directing a love story is probably not such a super idea). I still feel the movie is pretty weak, but I have to change my pledge to "I'll never watch this movie again unless I'm snowed in somewhere crappy."

Swede

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
12-02-2005, 05:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

kyro
12-02-2005, 06:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Any Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter movie. They're always playing on TMN (The Movie Network) here in Canada, and I have yet to watch any of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I swore I would have nothing to do with that kiddy stuff Harry Potter. This weekend, my girlfriend dragged my whipped ass to see Goblet of Fire and now I'm hooked. I read the first two books in 2 days and watched the second movie on my computer. So sad.

Unoriginalname
12-02-2005, 11:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I had this pact with myself as well. I was on a solid 5 year run. Then one day, a woman was able to successfully blandish me into seeing it. And yes, this did immediately cause my testicles to be absorbed into my abdomen. The allure of pussy was just too strong and I couldn't resist.

My balls have fully dropped once again and I'm now a much stronger man than I was at that point. I will never break pacts I make with myself again.

surfinillini
12-02-2005, 11:58 PM
Pay it Forward

The Negotiator

Courage Under Fire

- All on loop on TNT every weekend.

12-03-2005, 12:45 AM
Goonies. I think I'm the only person between 25 and 30 who's never seen it.

whiskeytown
12-03-2005, 12:50 AM
for years, Resevoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction were on that list.

I hate it when films become pop icons - I still haven't seen Apolycopse Now fully from beginning to end in one viewing -

RB