PDA

View Full Version : 30/60 big pot odd river

DeathDonkey
12-02-2005, 03:39 PM
Preflop raiser here is a LAG 40/20ish but reasonable postflop. Everyone else is loose passive and awful at poker. I have no idea what to do with this river card...

-DeathDonkey

Party Poker 30/60 Hold'em (6 max, 7 handed) wacki's version of bison (http://parazen.bio.indiana.edu/cgi-bin/tc.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, CO calls, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, CO folds, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls, SB calls.

Turn: (14.50 BB) 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP1 calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

River: (18.50 BB) 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks...

Gar Pike
12-02-2005, 04:08 PM
Check/call one bet?

I'd be pretty sure I was beat, but it feels like UTG was betting an overpair, and MP1&amp;SB were playing for a flush.

I think the pot size justifies calling a single bet, but I don't play this limit, so...

I'd hate to bet and get raised.

Regards

Gar

12-02-2005, 04:18 PM
With this many players a couple of things could happen. It could be checked around because this card completes some hands that could be held by either blind, namely a straight but also the backdoor flush. Second, someone may have hit their backdoor flush or a higher straight and you hand is no good. Third, there is the remote possiblitiy that you're up against a full house even though this is unlikely. With all these potential hands out I think your best course of action is to bet the hand out and hope to pick up some crying calls from overpairs; people may be more inclined to check it down because it is a real possibility that either the hero or small blind made a hand since these cards are in the "blinds playing range" and are unlikely to have helped those outside the blinds. I would bet because I don't feel that your hand warrents a check-raise, you have a good chance of being called by worse hands, and there is a good possibility that it will be checked around if you don't do the betting yourself.

newhizzle
12-02-2005, 04:40 PM
i think id bet, this is a pretty scary river and if noone has you beat they might check it through, if any of the passive guys raise you have a pretty easy fold unless you think theyd slowplay a 4 and raise it on a super scary river card or something, i think against this many players you could probably fold to a raise from the 40/20 guy too, since you seem to think hes not a complete idiot

Entity
12-02-2005, 05:01 PM
Check and see. Backdoor flush, low end of sucker straight, paired board.

Rob