PDA

View Full Version : Various Beginner Questions

12-02-2005, 12:28 PM
Hello all,

I was looking to post this under the "Absolute dumb newb questions" area but the Beginner forum seemed the best alternative.

1) when people post other people's stats, i.e. 26/5/3.2, what do each of these numbers refer to? I have pt, so I'm assuming its like VPIP/PFR/?
2) What program are people using when they post graphs of their winnings over the past 10k or 50k or 100k hands? Usually the y axis is BB. I tried looking for a feature on pokertracker that graphed your results, but I couldn't find one.
3) Is it worth spending time finding a juicy table if one is 6-8tabling at the 50nl games? and if so, does that mean waiting for a table that has a vpip above 25?

Sorry i didn't realize this, but i suppose most of my questions are related to pt

4) Why does my pahud label some opponents with icons (mouse, rock, etc.) but not others? Is it based on the # of hands i have played with them?

Thats all I can think of for now,

Grant

12-02-2005, 02:24 PM
1. Total Aggression. Raise%+Bet%/Call%
2. Don't know
3. Some like to open several tables to view the action and then choose the ones that look best.
4. in the auto rate player selection tab you can choose the # of hands where PT will change the icon. The more hands you have the more accurate the results. Too few hands and the numbers are meaningless.

Songwind
12-02-2005, 05:52 PM
2. Poker Grapher. It's no longer in development but you can DL it for free. Just do a google search (I don't have the link handy)

Niediam
12-02-2005, 09:14 PM
1) vpip/pfr/aggression factor (and if there is a forth number is usually the # of hands this stats are based on)

2) PokerGrapher Google it to find out where to download.

3) All NL50 tables are juicy. /images/graemlins/smile.gif Table selection becomes more important as you move up limits but if you are playing at a table that seems especially bad there is no reason to stay. The average table VPIP for my Party NL50 games (with little table selection) is 16.5

4) You can change this stuff in Pokertracker.

timprov
12-03-2005, 12:05 AM
Poker Grapher still kinda-sorta works, but most of us are using Poker Patterns (http://www.pokerpatterns.com) now. Among other things it works with PT's SQL databases.