PDA

View Full Version : Hilarious- Just follow steps

drewjustdrew
12-02-2005, 11:56 AM
1- Go to www.google.com (http://www.google.com)

2- Type in "french military victories", without the quotes

3- Instead of hitting "Search" hit "I'm feeling Lucky"

4- Tell your friends before the people at Google fix it

swede123
12-02-2005, 11:58 AM
That's amazing! I can't believe I've never come across this before! In fact, I'm really surprised I haven't gotten about 293478 emails regarding this incredibly clever and funny thing before.

Swede

BradleyT
12-02-2005, 11:59 AM
5 - repeat using the term "miserable failure".

P.S. the people at google won't fix it for quite some time. It's a flaw in their algorithm and can be exploited by a technique known as google bombing.

drewjustdrew
12-02-2005, 12:00 PM
Fortunately for me, I'm not as connected as you. People usually only send me the good ones. I may not be current, but I'm not bombarded with garbage either. Oh well.

CrazyEyez
12-02-2005, 12:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

P.S. the people at google won't fix it for quite some time. It's a flaw in their algorithm and can be exploited by a technique known as google bombing.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know what this means. Can you explain?

drewjustdrew
12-02-2005, 12:07 PM
Oh yeah, and I have seen the website before in the link, but it is timeless and worth a reminder.

asofel
12-02-2005, 12:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know what this means. Can you explain?

[/ QUOTE ]

lots of web pages use the term and link to another page. google indexes this and sees all these links for miserable failure going to something about bush...

swede123
12-02-2005, 12:09 PM
Just being a groucy old man this morning. It is a funny thing, I was just surprised anyone with Internet experience didn't know about it yet. My apologies if I offended you.

Swede

BradleyT
12-02-2005, 12:24 PM
When you create a link to a website you're able to use whatever text you want to describe that link (i.e Crybaby (http://www.philhellmuth.com/) ). Google places too much emphasis on this linking text and ranks sites highly for that search term. So if we could get like 10 - 20 more people to link to Phils website using the same link I used above he'd start ranking very high in google for Crybaby.

CrazyEyez
12-02-2005, 12:28 PM
Asofel/Bradley -

Thanks for the explanations.

Enlightened,
CE

jackdaniels
12-02-2005, 12:32 PM
Try "Failure" and hit I'm feeling lucky.

Alobar
12-02-2005, 12:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Try "Failure" and hit I'm feeling lucky.

[/ QUOTE ]

this one is the best

Brainwalter
12-02-2005, 01:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your example is a result of google bombing. The OP is not.

CORed
12-02-2005, 01:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe it is. Look at the URL. It looks like a Google page, but it's not.

Brainwalter
12-02-2005, 01:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe it is. Look at the URL. It looks like a Google page, but it's not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ouch!

12-02-2005, 01:35 PM
What about World War 1?