PDA

View Full Version : Recent bad beats

MS Sunshine
07-08-2003, 05:32 PM
When the mix of hands your opponents are playing changes then the hands that beat you will change also. If they are playing more hands then the lower probability hands(2-outers) will show up in hands that beat you. Added in to this equation is when the pool of players are playing looser most players play more hours. You will see everything. Known players will tell you of hands that seem unbelieveable, but they are playing more hands against looser players also.

Almost every winning player on this board from a few months ago should be big winner, compared to their usual results, over the last 30 days. If you are not then you changed something important or you are very, very, very unlucky.

Over the next two weeks there should be a WSOP bounce, then things should be a settling down for awhile. There are tons of dead money out there for any level of winning player, for a good period of time.

For a good period of time there will be tons of bad beats. I love them myself, because for every 23-1 shot that gets there I will collect money from 23 players. I love that.

MS Sunshine

Cubswin
07-08-2003, 06:18 PM
Amen!!! This sharky can hardly keep the saliva in his mouth. Im just wondering if any of them will find their way over to Stars in addition to party. Chris Moneymaker should increase their traffic but will all the new traffic go to the tournies? Will the ring games pick up at all? Im hoping that Stars has some kind of advertising comprable to Party and maybe even another bonus for the airing of WSOP!?!?!?

Jimbo
07-08-2003, 06:25 PM
Ms Sunshine I am now oficially pissed. When I read your thread title I was hoping for an opportunity to post the most pasive bad beat I've ever taken online last night in a Party Poker 2/4 game. Guess I'll just lurk around hoping for somewhere else to post my bad beat story. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

TimTimSalabim
07-08-2003, 07:24 PM
This isn't a bad beat story, but it certainly supports your contention about how the games have changed in the past month:

I was playing 1-2 on Party the other night. Yes, I know, playing in that game is like taking advantage of slow learners on the short bus, but my confidence needed a boost. I got AK in a late position, the pot was capped preflop by many players. The flop came out AKx, I came out swinging on the flop and turn (a blank) and it was rammed and jammed 3-way. Finally by the river, even though it was also a blank, there had been so much action I was convinced my top two pair was no good. There were three of us left, the EP checked, MP bet, I called, and EP check-raised! Now, I'm *really* convinced I've lost to a set, but the pot is too big to fold on the small chance I'm wrong, so I call along with MP. The cards flashed quickly so I'm not sure what MP had, but EP had check-raised the river with a QJ! He had tried to c/r bluff the river with a huge pot with his busted gutshot! Or maybe he thought his nut no-pair was good /forums/images/icons/grin.gif. At any rate, I took down a pot of over $50, on my way to winning over $100 in less than an hour (50 BBs!).

A few other sessions like this recently have convinced me that even Party's loose lowlimit games have gotten much looser in the past month, if that were possible. And even Stars 1-2 games have become playable recently(40% seeing the flop as opposed to the usual tight-ass 25%).

MS Sunshine
07-09-2003, 10:02 AM
"Now, I'm *really* convinced I've lost to a set, but the pot is too big to fold on the small chance I'm wrong, so I call along with MP."

This has been a common theme describing hands at Party here lately. Desperate river bluffs that have zero chance of being successful. I make no good laydowns these days after putting in a single turn bet, unless against known sane players.

MS Sunshine

Aragorn
07-09-2003, 01:56 PM
Somebody needs an excuse to post a bad beat story??? I never thought I would see the day.