PDA

View Full Version : Wow. Just, wow. (or, MySpace never fails to deliver the crazy.)

uw_madtown
12-02-2005, 10:10 AM
First off, yes, this is jacked from a SomethingAwful thread (http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?s=6107e5b5b4e9c5bddb6a738bdfceb0e0& threadid=1737718&perpage=40&pagenumber=1). I don't regularly read there, but happened to wander my way over this morning for some reason.

Apparently some emo teen (http://www.myspace.com/jloveb) sent out the following bulletin to all his MySpace friends:

[ QUOTE ]
Date: Nov 29, 2005 8:14 AM
Subject: do me a favore....
Body: call the police.
adress: Abadejo, Mission Viejo, CA 92692.
tell them to go down the hall to the bathrooom.
im soo sorry<3

[/ QUOTE ]

There's now 3 pages of RIP comments from his 500 friends. So far no one at SA was able to confirm or refute that this is a for-real internet suicide. But it'd take one hell of a lot of work to fake all these comments, so I'm assuming that they're real, and since it's been a couple days since the message you'd think something somewhere would note if he didn't succeed, or if he faked it.

As for my personal feelings on it, suicide in general isn't something to be taken lightly, either in response to a suicide or dealing with the issue in general. But just looking at this guy's photos, and MySpace, he definitely falls into the pathetic EMOKID template. So as for this specific instance, I cannot help but agree with this SA post:

[ QUOTE ]
Please. We're not talking about Mary [censored]' Poppins going through a sudden and anomalous bout of depression after losing a particularly adorable puppy or something. We're talking about someone who went way the [censored] out of their way to make being sad his hobby. Every time his mom took him to the Gap, he'd veto every shirt she wanted him to try on, saying he wanted, `A sadder one'. Each week he'd ask his barber---sorry, his hair [censored] stylist or, Angels and Ministers of Grace preserve us, his coiffure chauffeur---to make his hair just a little bit sadder. He spent most of his time on his sad little MySpace page exchanging sad thoughtlets with his sad friends, arranging times to have sad meetings at their favourite sad club where they could sadly shake their sad hair at each other while doing their sad dances. Every night he'd probably have a sad little orgasm while sadly beating off his sad little cock, imagining his sad non-girlfriend sadly putting on enough sad, black eyeliner to make Alice [censored]' Cooper shake his head sadly.

In other words: No. This is not just a case of someone being dissatisfied with their material comforts. This is a [censored]' pro-league collector-of-sad completing his [censored]' sad collection. Picture me doing the goddamn hamster dance on his grave. De de do do do-do do-do, you dead, sad, dumb [censored], you.

[/ QUOTE ]

B Dids
12-02-2005, 10:16 AM
If he really went to the HS that he lists on mysapce, google news hasn't heard anything about his offing himself.

The comments left are just so painfully vapid. Man kids are dumb.

MelK
12-02-2005, 10:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]

The comments left are just so painfully vapid. Man kids are dumb.

[/ QUOTE ]

So are 2+2ers. Read the old Ryan_21 suicide thread. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

uw_madtown
12-02-2005, 10:23 AM
Running his name through Google News doesn't turn up anything either. Weird. Hard to believe that that many comments are fake though, especially given he's had a profile since May 2004 and had a ton of comments before this.

And yes. While I won't mock anyone for grieving over a friend's suicide, dear [censored] god are these people stupid in they go about expressing themselves.

illunious
12-02-2005, 10:54 AM
That SA post you quoted is hilarious, so was most of the SA thread. Good stuff.

BradleyT
12-02-2005, 10:55 AM
wtf is an Emokid?

B Dids
12-02-2005, 10:56 AM
Madtown- I would never underestimate the kind of groupthink that would make people just pile on the comments with him not being dead.

Again, KIDS ARE DUMB.

codewarrior
12-02-2005, 11:15 AM
Vapid. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12/QuantumDot/No20More20Emo20Tears.jpg

stigmata
12-02-2005, 11:16 AM
Reminds me of the infamous case of "Whitey", who was well known on the counter-strike scene, IIRC. His brother one day informed the community on a message board that he has sadly been killed in a motorbike accident. The outpouring of grief on an internet message board was really quite touching.

A year later, Whitey posts again "OMGLOLROFL I've been travelling for the last year, HHAHAHAH".

HopeydaFish
12-02-2005, 11:37 AM
In the psychology forum there's at least one poster a week claiming to be contemplating suicide. Usually it's as a result of having lost vast sums at money at some form of card game whose name I can't recall...

A few posters spend a lot of time and effort trying to talk these guys out of it. I never reply to such threads, but I commend their efforts.

What turns my stomach are the people who reply with stuff like "Yeah, you should definitely kill yourself, it's the only way out" and such. Even if you assume that most of the "contemplating suicide" posters are trolls, there are bound to be a few who are real.

SL__72
12-02-2005, 11:38 AM
Who the [censored] rushes off to myspace to tell someone's profile they will miss them after they kill themself?

PokerFink
12-02-2005, 11:42 AM
SL72,

People who have no friends outside of the internet.

Your avatar is fantastic.

-Fink

Dominic
12-02-2005, 12:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Who the [censored] rushes off to myspace to tell someone's profile they will miss them after they kill themself?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL - good point.

12-02-2005, 12:55 PM
strange, people starting leaving those comments on 11/30 or so yet his last login was yesterday, 12/1

miajag81
12-02-2005, 01:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That SA post you quoted is hilarious

[/ QUOTE ]

The "hamster dance on his grave" part had me in tears.

DMBFan23
12-02-2005, 01:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Reminds me of the infamous case of "Whitey", who was well known on the counter-strike scene, IIRC. His brother one day informed the community on a message board that he has sadly been killed in a motorbike accident. The outpouring of grief on an internet message board was really quite touching.

A year later, Whitey posts again "OMGLOLROFL I've been travelling for the last year, HHAHAHAH".

[/ QUOTE ]

reminds me of the time kwazar got in an accident and we all exposed it for being a fake. oh wait, it was true and we were giant douches

RunDownHouse
12-02-2005, 02:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
reminds me of the time kwazar got in an accident and we all exposed it for being a fake. oh wait, it was true and we were giant douches

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think we were douches at all. Kwazar and friends ran a textbook clinic titled, "How to Make Your Plea for Help Look Like a Scam."

PocketJokers72
12-02-2005, 05:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
wtf is an Emokid?

[/ QUOTE ]

"Emo (an abbreviation of "emotionally-driven Hardcore punk") is a term now broadly used to describe almost any form of guitar-driven alternative rock that expresses emotions beyond traditional punk's limited emotional palette of alienation and rage. It is also used to describe fans of this genre, most commonly teenagers. (e.g., emo kid). "

From Google. I never knew what it meant either.

12-02-2005, 05:53 PM
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/owlguy/emorly.jpg

housenuts
12-02-2005, 10:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In the psychology forum there's at least one poster a week claiming to be contemplating suicide. Usually it's as a result of having lost vast sums at money at some form of card game whose name I can't recall...

[/ QUOTE ]

are you thinking about poker? it could be big 2, but i think you're probably referring to poker. probably no limit texas hold'em because it is the cadillac of poker.

David04
12-02-2005, 10:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

are you thinking about poker? it could be big 2, but i think you're probably referring to poker. probably no limit texas hold'em because it is the cadillac of poker.

[/ QUOTE ]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v247/razor27/oot.jpg

You think because it's your birthday you can get away with this [censored]? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Macdaddy Warsaw
12-02-2005, 11:06 PM
First watch:
This One (http://myspacide.ytmnsfw.com/)
then
This one (http://medisuicide.ytmnd.com/)

And finally, He's a poser (http://deademomyspace.ytmnd.com/)

vexvelour
12-02-2005, 11:26 PM
Emo kids are useless. They're mopey even if you bring them a cake, it's obligatory to have your freakin hair in your eyes and those GOD DAMN GLASSES they all have.

Good riddance.

young nut
12-02-2005, 11:35 PM
news article (http://news.ncmonline.com/news/view_article.html?article_id=6d8134fbbe964d76f864b 3b9682dcb19)

An article about this, but i still can't tell if this is a fake or not. This sure makes it seem like its real.

imported_anacardo
12-02-2005, 11:38 PM
My desire for this woman can scarce be described.

B Dids
12-02-2005, 11:52 PM
That article is written by a guy in Prague. The only hint that it might be real is that he references the coroners report, but beyond that there's no reason to think that it's legit.

The best argument against it being so is that that's the ONLY article about it, and if it was real- it just seems like it would be a much bigger story.

marsvolta619
12-03-2005, 12:01 AM
Just so you know, newspapers dont really post about suicides, especially not ones from < 18

vexvelour
12-03-2005, 12:01 AM
One of the RIP posters said it was front page news in CA. You'd think it would be find-able.

Macdaddy Warsaw
12-03-2005, 12:02 AM
If you go to the myspace (or watch the ytmnd in my last link), you'll see somebody has logged into his account today (whether it's him or not...)

Also, if you go to the website, over 1000 people have commented on it, and they're all I love you and I miss yous. I just don't understand that whole myspace community, or are these people actually people who knew him. People who commit suicide aren't the kinds of kids who make worthy relationships with people. Especially not 1000 people.

12-03-2005, 12:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you go to the myspace (or watch the ytmnd in my last link), you'll see somebody has logged into his account today (whether it's him or not...)

Also, if you go to the website, over 1000 people have commented on it, and they're all I love you and I miss yous. I just don't understand that whole myspace community, or are these people actually people who knew him. People who commit suicide aren't the kinds of kids who make worthy relationships with people. Especially not 1000 people.

[/ QUOTE ]

With what expertise are you making these comments from?

B Dids
12-03-2005, 12:07 AM
Suicide's don't make news, but people saying they're going to do it online and then following through tend to make enough to register more than one hit on google.

private joker
12-03-2005, 12:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]

With what expertise are you making these comments from?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pick a preposition and go with it, buddy. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Macdaddy Warsaw
12-03-2005, 12:21 AM
Um...I was agreeing with you dude. I really don't think he did it.

And to Mr. David, it's not expertise but it's studying psychology and an interest in psychology. Also, it's rational. I'm not saying it's impossible for a well-liked and popular kid to commit suicide, but it doesn't make sense.

One of the biggest causes for suicide is depression and people who are depressed don't make friends. Would you disagree?

You may make the case that depressed and/or socially inept people may make "friends" on MySpace or other places on the internet, that's fine. I do believe the internet acts as a terrible refuge of people with mental problems, but, if you read his MySpace, it seems that he had plenty of real life friends.

Now, before you mock the fact that I'm no expert, please attempt to refute my claims.

B Dids
12-03-2005, 12:21 AM
MackDaddy,

you have been tricked by qr, I guess I need to do this in other threads

Dids

Macdaddy Warsaw
12-03-2005, 12:24 AM
DAMN YOU QUICK REPLY! DAMN YOUUUUUUUUUUU!

Keats13
12-03-2005, 12:31 AM
News story (http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister/homepage/abox/article_870198.php)
Another (http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=local&id=3689853)

Weird, the 1st now requires registration. You can also do a Google News search for +"Mission Viejo" +suicide, I got in to the story that way without registering.

utmt40
12-03-2005, 12:34 AM
wow thats crazy

Macdaddy Warsaw
12-03-2005, 12:36 AM
Swell. Thanks for the info. I might have been wrong. Meh, kids f'd in the head somehow, though. I'd guarantee it, but I'm no expert.

Strange thing though, all the female commentors are on his (now dead) balls. It's quite remarkable.

ChipWrecked
12-03-2005, 12:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
MackDaddy,

you have been tricked by qr, I guess I need to do this in other threads

Dids

[/ QUOTE ]

My understanding, per ElD, is that you're supposed to address who you're replying to, like Mason does.

cokehead
12-03-2005, 01:06 AM
http://myspace-449.vo.llnwd.net/00313/94/47/313127449_s.jpg

this kid had some cute friends. musta been sick of being cockteased by them.

Sponger15SB
12-03-2005, 01:14 AM
haha, capo valley high, one of my good friends from junior high graduated there in '02.

its in a really great neighborhood.

Macdaddy Warsaw
12-03-2005, 01:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
http://myspace-449.vo.llnwd.net/00313/94/47/313127449_s.jpg

this kid had some cute friends. musta been sick of being cockteased by them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your brilliance is unmatched. And I'm not being sarcastic.

ChipWrecked
12-03-2005, 01:22 AM
(AP) MISSION VIEJO, Calif. An Orange County teenager shot himself to death after posting warnings on a Web site for teens and young adults that he was going to commit suicide.

One posting says the 17-year-old boy began communicating his troubled feelings at least a year ago on www.myspace.com. (http://www.myspace.com.) His hometown and pictures of him with his friends were on the site, but his full name was not on his homepage profile.

Friends became alarmed Monday night and posted messages urging him not to hurt himself, but at 8:14 a.m. Tuesday he left a message saying "call the police" and "I'm so sorry."

At about 8:30 a.m., he sent a suicide text message over his cellular telephone.

Friends at Capistrano Valley High School alerted school officials, who called the teen's mother. She rushed home to Mission Viejo, but paramedics were already there and found her only child dead from a gunshot wound in a bathroom.

KCAL linkage (http://cbs2.com/topstories/local_story_336135422.html)

From the OC Register:

".............In interviews Thursday, as teen after teen streamed into his home, his mother and grandparents said there were no signs.

He waited until his mother, a sergeant first class Army reservist who spent a year in Iraq before returning in April, was at work at her insurance company.

His stepfather was out of the country.

The boy with light-brown bangs falling past his eyes broke into a safe containing a pistol, according to his mother.

Then he killed himself."

Linky (user: bugmenot pw: 123456) (http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister/news/local/article_870198.php)

Dr. Strangelove
12-03-2005, 01:28 AM
that is [censored] up. I think the kid is an tacky [censored]. i reserve sympathy for the family.

ChipWrecked
12-03-2005, 01:30 AM
OOT could take a lesson in harshage from what they're dumping on this kid on Somethingawful.

I'm not sure if it would seem so funny sober.

Macdaddy Warsaw
12-03-2005, 01:37 AM
Just remember, God hates him too.

bwana devil
12-03-2005, 02:02 AM
i hope all of you [censored] arent this cruel in real life. i guess it's a contest who can say the dumbest thing.

bwana

Talk2BigSteve
12-03-2005, 02:19 AM
(AP) MISSION VIEJO, Calif. An Orange County teenager shot himself to death after posting warnings on a Web site for teens and young adults that he was going to commit suicide.

One posting says the boy, 17, began communicating his troubled feelings at least a year ago on www.myspace.com. (http://www.myspace.com.) His hometown and pictures of him with his friends were on the site, but his full name was not on his homepage profile.

Friends became alarmed Monday night and posted messages urging him not to hurt himself, but at 8:14 a.m. Tuesday he left a message saying "call the police" and "I'm so sorry."

At about 8:30 a.m., he sent a suicide text message over his cellular telephone.

Friends at Capistrano Valley High School alerted school officials, who called the teen's mother. She rushed home to Mission Viejo, but paramedics were already there and found her only child dead from a gunshot wound in a bathroom.

WOW!

Big Steve /images/graemlins/cool.gif