PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone play this differently?

12-02-2005, 09:37 AM
This is a hand from a game that had just become short and had two players waiting to post and one player sitting out. The villion has sat down two orbits ago, so no stats yet. My notes on him were:"limped and folded for 2 more when it got back to him".

My image is solid and I've been showing down winners. I'm up around two racks after 200 hands at this table.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (7 SB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

Turn: (5 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, Button folds.

River: (7 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9 BB

hobbsmann
12-02-2005, 10:08 AM
I raise the flop.

12-02-2005, 10:29 AM
I probably would have raised both the flop and turn.

12-02-2005, 10:31 AM
Based on your table image and the reads on this player.

12-02-2005, 10:33 AM
Why are you being so passive?

Raise the flop.

12-02-2005, 10:52 AM
I can't think of many times that I've limped and folded to aggression preflop. Possibly when I was just starting out playing poker. That tells me that the villion has a weak streak about him. I picture the villion in this hand to be a little old lady in live games who scares people when she calls, let alone bets. On the other hand I just can't get away from top two.

12-02-2005, 01:28 PM
Preflop: Hero is MP with Q, K.
1 fold, Hero raises, 1 fold, Button calls, SB calls, 1 fold.

Cool

Flop: (7 SB) Q, T, J (3 players)
SB bets, Hero calls, Button calls.

Should have definitely raised here (IMO)

Turn: (5 BB) K (3 players)
SB bets, Hero calls, Button folds

Good players would probably raise here, I'm a wussy, so the K scared me and I would probably just call too.

River: (7 BB) 3 (2 players)
SB bets, Hero calls.

Gotta call here.

I think you missed the raise opportunity after the flop. But what do I know??

Duerig
12-04-2005, 10:18 PM
WHENHEBETSTHEFLOPYOURAISETHEFLOP

Buckmulligan
12-04-2005, 11:01 PM
raise the flop. since you didnt this looks fine.

ncboiler
12-04-2005, 11:23 PM
Raise the flop

mowz
12-04-2005, 11:47 PM
Raise the flop or change your name

12-05-2005, 12:51 AM
The SB just bet into a preflop raiser. I don't think there is a preflop raising hand that DIDN'T hit this board.

The SB knows that and says [censored] you, I'm betting anyway.

I call the flop.

I raise the turn. You just counterfiet his two pair and he may lay down a 9. I fold to a 3bet.

I bet/fold the river UI.

Buckmulligan
12-05-2005, 12:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The SB just bet into a preflop raiser. I don't think there is a preflop raising hand that DIDN'T hit this board.

The SB knows that and says [censored] you, I'm betting anyway.

I call the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

He could be leading into us to protect his hand on the dangerous board. Even if we are behind, and there we have no real info to say we are, we obviously improve a lot.

12-05-2005, 01:01 AM
IMO. Anybody who calls 1 on this flop, calls 2.

And you're not folding SB.

So now you're raising for value or a free card. The only reason you get a free card is if you're ahead anyway and you're not taking it. That leaves value.

IMO There is more value in raising the turn.

silkyslim
12-05-2005, 01:12 AM
I raise the flop to get button out and get value from SB.

12-05-2005, 06:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I can't think of many times that I've limped and folded to aggression preflop. Possibly when I was just starting out playing poker. That tells me that the villion has a weak streak about him. I picture the villion in this hand to be a little old lady in live games who scares people when she calls, let alone bets.

[/ QUOTE ]
Guh. A lot of reasonable players open-limp with weak hands (e.g., deuces UTG) hoping to create implied odds for themselves, only to give up the chase when it's 2SB back to them. It's not that unusual, and you're reading too much into it regardless: TPGK+OESD is too good not to raise at least once in this spot.