PDA

View Full Version : AA 30 hand

Dave Mac
12-02-2005, 08:43 AM
30, 3 handed on UB, I have AdAc in the BB,
button raises, sb folds, I 3 bet, he call.

button is not someone i know really well but generally seems donkish, lag preflop, bad but more passive post. i think he was like 39/23/1 - this is not as bad as it sounds b/c most of my stats are from 2-5 handed play, so i could have played an Hu session with him or something that screws the stats. nevertheless, generally he seemed like a loose donkish player.

flop is 3d2d8c
I bet, he raises, I 3 bet he calls.

turn is the 4d
i check, he check, (i was cr-ing the turn)

river is the 9c
i bet, he raises, i???
can i find a river 3 bet?, was the turn check a bad line?
generally i play pretty str8 forward, but i thought this is a spot where he would take a shot, was it a bad spot?
dave

cocofrite
12-02-2005, 08:59 AM
you say he's not v agressive post flop and you three bet flop freeze turn.
not good.

i think i just call river given your read that he's not v agressive (it might be a move and he might fold quite a lot of hands that you beat on a river 3 bet)

danzasmack
12-02-2005, 11:22 AM
I don't like the turn. You 3 bet the flop and then check? you say yourself he is more passive post flop. You have to donk the turn.

kiddo
12-02-2005, 11:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't like the turn. You 3 bet the flop and then check? you say yourself he is more passive post flop. You have to donk the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree.

But "donk" is only used when u bet into the guy who bet street before, like when u bet into preflopraiser. Since u normally go for a checkraise if you think u are ahead it is always hard to interpret a donkbet.

danzasmack
12-02-2005, 12:13 PM
my bad - i use the term wayyyy too liberally.

TStoneMBD
12-02-2005, 12:28 PM
i dont like the turn checkraise. i would just call the river. its very strange for him to have checked behind on the turn and raised the river. hes representing a hand that beats you even tho the 9 is a pretty harmless card. only logical hands he could have contain 9s-up or trip 9s, with maybe a flush. maybe a hand like A9 is a possibility if he likes to raise the flop with overs.

DeathDonkey
12-02-2005, 02:14 PM
I think you should 3 bet but more importantly did you consider checking the river too (to CR obviously)?

-DeathDonkey

Dave Mac
12-02-2005, 07:40 PM
i jsut called, he had 97o and i won. i think the turn was bad and the river was a 3 bet. but mainly i think it just shows again how fancy paly usaully sucks.
dave