PDA

View Full Version : Watching Tommy Fold

Barry
12-02-2005, 08:17 AM
PokerBabe, Bob S. and I are sitting in a 20 game at the Mirage. It was a very good game. Unfortunately, the huge fish in the game gets up and leaves. Next thing I see is Tommy sitting down to replace the fish. The game is now very bad, but the social aspects are very good. The extrovert wins out over the capitalist and I stay in the game.

Anyway Tommy folds for something like the 1st 4 orbits that he is in the game. He makes folding an art form.

First there’s the tunnel fold. He cups his hands over his cards and peaks it them. All of a sudden, without any apparent motion, the cards fly out from under his cupped hands, and with considerable speed fly into the muck.

Secondly there’s the button fold. When he’s on the button, he looks at his cards, then lifts up the dealer button and flicks his cards into the muck underneath the button.

Watching those moves also reminds me of Tommy’s “Art of the Showdown”. When I first met Tommy over a year ago, he was up over a rack in the 1st 45 minutes he was in the game and never had to showdown a hand. Finally there is a hand in which he is called on the river. When most people open their hand they grab the edge of the cards closest to them and roll them so the cards face themselves first before they turn face up. In this hand, Tommy, with a mild flourish, grabs the edge of the cards furthest away from him and rotates them the other way. Of course he shows the nuts.

You just can’t get this sort of stuff playing online…

12-02-2005, 05:41 PM
wow what a man crush

jasonHoldEm
12-02-2005, 05:54 PM
Wonder if he was folding AA.