PDA

View Full Version : OOT RISK League, Tentative Rules

Scotch78
12-02-2005, 06:49 AM
Territory Selection & Initial Unit Placement:
Blind-at-Once. Manual would extend each game time by a couple hours at the selected site; it simply won't work.

Card Scale:
5,5,5,5 I'm vetoing both endlessly escalating card scales, they turn the endgame into a crapshoot, and I don't know about you, but I do not want to listen to a braggart who's only skill was rolling dice.

Season Length:
8 weeks. Even though more people voted for 10 weeks, I don't want to lose a lot of people who wanted 4-6 weeks.

Playoff Style:
Double Elimination. But since there's 5 losers every game instead of just one, it'll be quintuple elimination. So everyone is guaranteed 5 games. The remaining 3 weeks will be devoted to some sort of playoffs, structure to be dependant on the number of entrants.

Cost:
$0. [censored] cheapskate losing [censored] players /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Signup:
PM me a non-hotmail address (we've had some problems with them). If we are unable to get a multiple of six, it will be at my discretion to (dis)allow the remaining players, so respond sooner rather than later.

Scott

JaBlue
12-02-2005, 07:02 AM
having no prize is stupid.

that said, i'm not going to play in this crap so it doesn't really matter what I think

Scotch78
12-02-2005, 04:51 PM
Only two sign-ups so far.

Alobar
12-02-2005, 04:53 PM
ugh....honestly not having a prize pool is SUPER gay.This is going to be a considerable amount of time invested, and I think way to many people are going to flake without some "incentive" to win.

durron597
12-02-2005, 05:04 PM
Meh, with no prize pool, I couldn't get into this, sorry.

bugstud
12-02-2005, 05:05 PM
honestly, make it a $$$ thing. people that want to play will still pony up.

Cancuk
12-02-2005, 05:11 PM
what everybody else said.

money is needed to make it legit.

TomCollins
12-02-2005, 05:41 PM
Everyone post the least and most youd pay to play.

$10-50 for me.

JonPKibble
12-02-2005, 05:48 PM
$0

jacki
12-02-2005, 06:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Everyone post the least and most youd pay to play.

$10-50 for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

$10-$50 is a good range for me.

LondonBroil
12-02-2005, 06:07 PM
I'm in, but the game of RISK can turn into a popularity contest a large percentage of the time.

Are you allowed to make truces? Can 2 teams gang up on another?

Seems like with prize money involved there could be collusion.

Voltron87
12-02-2005, 06:10 PM
if everyone has a clue and pays attention manual selection does not take that long. it will only take five minutes if everyone is there. this has to be for money, 20$ or 25$ should work fine.

TomCollins
12-02-2005, 06:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
if everyone has a clue and pays attention manual selection does not take that long. it will only take five minutes if everyone is there. this has to be for money, 20$ or 25$ should work fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

If we do this as a league, it will be pretty hard to get 6 people there. Hell, I still have 2 games from wankers who havent moved in 3 days open. Move people!

TomCollins
12-02-2005, 06:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm in, but the game of RISK can turn into a popularity contest a large percentage of the time.

Are you allowed to make truces? Can 2 teams gang up on another?

Seems like with prize money involved there could be collusion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Collusion is a good strategy in the game, and alliances are encouraged. However, I think splitting prize money is patently unfair, and we would have to go on the honor that splitting prize money is competely disallowed.

Voltron87
12-02-2005, 06:21 PM
I tend to favor 4-5 player games, they are more interesting and move faster. Remember, this is the start of the game and that will be easier to get everyone on the same page for then rather than later.

blind picking sucks, and manual one by one is a much better form of the game.

Scotch78
12-02-2005, 09:34 PM
The fee is now $30. In addition, El Diablo will be sweetening the pot with his $30 dead money. If you signed up already and no longer want to play, say so in this thread so everyone will know that you're a [censored] cheapskate [censored] player.

Scott

mostsmooth
12-02-2005, 09:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The fee is now $30. In addition, El Diablo will be sweetening the pot with his $30 dead money. If you signed up already and no longer want to play, say so in this thread so everyone will know that you're a [censored] cheapskate [censored] player.

[/ QUOTE ]
im not paying to play.
call me whatever you want

12-03-2005, 12:15 AM
in

Scotch78
12-04-2005, 01:35 PM
I only have about ten e-mail addresses so far, so everyone who replied in this (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=exchange&Number=4078200&S earchpage=2&Main=4078200&Words=Scotch78&topic=&Sea rch=true#Post4078200) thread, please PM me an e-mail address. Also, please note that the cost has been changed to $30.

Scott

uw_madtown
12-04-2005, 02:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
im not paying to play.
call me whatever you want

[/ QUOTE ]

einbert
12-04-2005, 02:44 PM
$0-$200.

I think voltron has a point and manual placement is much more skill-intensive, but with more than three-player games manual placement probably really will take way too long.

Re:card-scale
You're absolutely right.

Vavavoom
12-04-2005, 02:48 PM
What days will the games take place....and at what times ??

I'm GMT fwiw...

TomCollins
12-04-2005, 02:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I'm GMT fwiw...

[/ QUOTE ]

They don't have to take place at a specific time, as long as you check your email fairly often. Most games take less than a week if people check email regularly.

Vavavoom
12-04-2005, 02:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
They don't have to take place at a specific time, as long as you check your email fairly often. Most games take less than a week if people check email regularly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tom,

I assumed that the games would be played how they had been played the past week...Over the course of a couple of hours...Hence why I asked what time...I'd be at work druing the day but able to play - evenings are a little more touch and go...

Vava

Scotch78
12-04-2005, 03:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think voltron has a point and manual placement is much more skill-intensive, but with more than three-player games manual placement probably really will take way too long.

[/ QUOTE ]

The regular season will be blind-at-once, but the playoffs, or at least the championship, will be manual.

Scott

Scotch78
12-04-2005, 03:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I will most likely have everyone e-mail me weekly with schedules of their free time. From those, I will assign each game 2-3 1-2 hour blocks to help speed things up, but I am guessing that much of the play will not be simultaneous.

Scott

einbert
12-04-2005, 03:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The regular season will be blind-at-once, but the playoffs, or at least the championship, will be manual.

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds like a great solution.