PDA

View Full Version : Common errors and leaks in u'r game that u've discovered recently?

12-02-2005, 03:51 AM
Have you found any leaks in your game lately? Have you succeeded fixing them?

jaxUp
12-02-2005, 04:01 AM
I had trouble getting specific reads on players and taking good notes. I was relying too heavily on stats.

To fix this I played a month with no HUD/PT and it has worked very well.

beset7
12-02-2005, 05:02 AM
ummm. I seem to have a problem with my win rate I keep trying to fix it but it isn't cooperating /images/graemlins/ooo.gif

I've discovered a couple:

I raise the turn in marginal spots where I can't fold to a raise too often.

I'm too loose in early middle position when there's aggressive players in late position.

I overvalue overcards on the flop. I raise with overs+weak draws way too often.

12-02-2005, 06:16 AM
I think I might be getting trapped sometimes by over committing myself to pots after I've raised to protect hands when they are good, but open to domination. This is kind of like semi-bluffing to an extent and obviously bluffing doesn't really get you anywhere far at .25/.50 tables does it?

12-02-2005, 06:23 AM
I raise to little in position

12-02-2005, 08:33 AM
I have trouble playing OOP vs LAGs and I tilt sometimes. Got to think with the head.

12-02-2005, 09:29 AM
My PF raise is 7,4%. I have to raise more, and pick the right spots to do so. If i'm next to the button and just one (loose/passive) player has limped to me, i don't need a very strong hand like AJs to raise. KT offsuit and QTs will probably be good enough to raise (this also depends on what kind of players that is on the button and in the blinds). I'm still working on it though.

BoogerFace
12-02-2005, 12:31 PM
I'm calling too much with marginal hands.

I'm too timid preflop when I'm not running well.

12-02-2005, 12:36 PM
Small pocket pairs are killing me. I'm losing on all the pairs below 99. I'm definately overplaying them. I just found this leak so not sure if I've fixed it yet.

car ramrod
12-02-2005, 12:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

there is a great post about playing over cards posted by Nate tha Great, I'll see if I can find it. But it basically talks about how people are raising too ofen w/ ui overs on the flop, Nate challenges people to find a good spot to raise, and most have trouble. It really helped me out.

imported_Reaction
12-02-2005, 02:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm too timid preflop when I'm not running well.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yup.

Also, I play raise/fold too much.

WalkAmongUs
12-02-2005, 02:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I'm calling too much with marginal hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

and I'm generally overaggressive in the face of adversity.

Songwind
12-02-2005, 02:22 PM
I was letting my excitement get the best of me when the hand was going my early and didn't keep up my read of the board and got myself into tough spots I should have easily avoided. I'm doing a lot better on that one.

I still have a problem with playing too long. I'm doing so-so on stopping this one. I need to set a timer or something.

I'm definitely uncomfortable playing overcards. Work in progress.

Coolidge
12-02-2005, 02:39 PM
My river play sucks. I think I check too much and I lose lots of bets on the river. I need to up my river AG.

I have HUGE problems with overcards. I don't know what to do sometimes.

12-02-2005, 02:44 PM
I sometimes miss who the preflop raiser was, so if I'm in MP and flop a hand, I don't know whether to bet out or check raise.

ReptileHouse
12-02-2005, 02:46 PM
I misplay overcards when the field is largish (3+ to the flop). I'm doing reasonably well at fixing this, but still need to work on it.

I've developed Fancy Play Syndrome lately. I need to simplify my game back down.

GrunchCan
12-02-2005, 02:53 PM
I might give implied odds to bad players.

But I need to figure out just whhat that means...

Nikademus
12-02-2005, 03:51 PM
I took a look at the net for all my starting hands, and BY FAR the worst losing hand I had was KQo. My vow was to fix that hand, and I think I've done that.

I've also been working on not only increasing my aggression, but doing it in the right places.

I managed a 1.6BB/100 over 11k hands in Nov, as oppossed to 0.4BB/100 previously. While I may be on a nice upswing, I feel better about my game overall.

12-02-2005, 03:55 PM
I keep donating to bad-passive players in short-handed games when I have 2 big overcards and they have bottom pair.

My solution is to bet, get in my car, drive to their house, slap them with a raw fish, & then click the fold button for them.

12-02-2005, 03:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

there is a great post about playing over cards posted by Nate tha Great, I'll see if I can find it. But it basically talks about how people are raising too ofen w/ ui overs on the flop, Nate challenges people to find a good spot to raise, and most have trouble. It really helped me out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can someone link this post? I'd love to read it ...

tiltaholic
12-02-2005, 04:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] overcards thread (http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=0&Number=2737416&page=)

beset7
12-02-2005, 04:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] overcards thread (http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=0&Number=2737416&page=)

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a great thread. Thanks!

12-02-2005, 04:25 PM
My current winrate at 2/4 is -10BB/100.
I have to find access to the random generator.

car ramrod
12-02-2005, 04:49 PM
thanks Tilt, I am at work and cannot access the archives.

12-02-2005, 05:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My river play sucks. I think I check too much and I lose lots of bets on the river. I need to up my river AG.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen, brother. This is one of the weakest parts of my game. Also, I like to slowplay my hands too much. Way too much.

12-02-2005, 05:35 PM
I don't fold to checkraises from nontricky opponents enough.

I don't value raise the river enough.

UATrewqaz
12-02-2005, 05:41 PM
Cutoff or button open raises, I call in SB or BB with a hand that would be decent to play multi-way, bad to play heads up.

Say like 86s or something.

12-02-2005, 05:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Cutoff or button open raises, I call in SB or BB with a hand that would be decent to play multi-way, bad to play heads up.

Say like 86s or something.

[/ QUOTE ]
From BB thats good enough imo.

12-02-2005, 06:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't fold to checkraises from nontricky opponents enough.

I don't value raise the river enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, the month of November was the month I was going to open up more. Axs has posed some interesting problems for me.

~