PDA

View Full Version : Conflicting Situation

Jorge10
12-02-2005, 02:53 AM
The names have been changed to protect the innocent.

The situation is that "Joe" emailed me and all the other people from high school we used to hang out with(8 total)that he was planning a trip. He said the trip would be from the 17th-20th of december. The email also said that he would be reserving 2 rooms, for the 8 of us at circus circus. I emailed him saying I didnt like that place and that I would get my own room at another place.

Anyway I reserved my room last month and then suddenly "Bill" who chose to share in the expenses of my room said "dude he hasnt reserved his room." Anyway turns out he has not reserved his room and he is a super cheap ass. Out of the 8, theres "Joe" who has no room because he says he is broke and he planned the trip, 2 other friends who also have no room are cheap asses, 2 cancelled, and the other 4 reserved the room with me. Well those 3 friends are up in the air. So "Joe" told "Bill" "since you guys already have a room we can all stay there." That would be 7 in a room and I hate the idea and so does "Dude" who is also staying in the room, "Bill" doesnt care either way and I havent asked the 4th guy.

So the problem is, I look like a Jerk if I dont let them stay in the room, but I hate the idea of having 7 people in a room. So what can I do?

fluxrad
12-02-2005, 02:55 AM
Train A will have traveled 432 miles as Train B is arriving in Chicago.

Wait, what?

miajag81
12-02-2005, 02:56 AM
Get friends who don't suck?

Eurotrash
12-02-2005, 02:56 AM
do the cheap people plan on compensating you for the room or are they just freeloading?

stabn
12-02-2005, 02:57 AM
The 3 guys with no room can share a room. They don't need to reserve one, they can just get one at whatever [censored] place suits them.

Jorge10
12-02-2005, 02:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Wait, what?

[/ QUOTE ]

I reserved a room for 4 people and 3 other friends who are cheap asses want to stay too, I dont want to be a jerk, but I cant think of how to say no, I tried to make it interesting by giving the whole story, sorry if its confusing.

12-02-2005, 03:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Wait, what?

[/ QUOTE ]

I reserved a room for 4 people and 3 other friends who are cheap asses want to stay too, I dont want to be a jerk, but I cant think of how to say no, I tried to make it interesting by giving the whole story, sorry if its confusing.

[/ QUOTE ]
Grow a sack and tell them to get their own room. If they don't like it, tough. And find some new friends.

stabn
[ QUOTE ]
do the cheap people plan on compensating you for the room or are they just freeloading?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't even really think this matters other than, if the 3 guys are planning on freeloading they can just stay home imo. If they aren't then splitting a room 3 ways shouldn't be a problem for them. If it is they should stay the [censored] out of vegas.

Jorge10
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume they will try and freeload probably.

Los Feliz Slim
12-02-2005, 03:02 AM
Jorge,

Let these people stay in this room. Make one of them put their credit card down upon arrival.

Get another room of your own. If you are kind enough to let someone else stay in it, that's your business.

Sincerely,

LFS

fluxrad
12-02-2005, 03:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I reserved a room for 4 people and 3 other friends who are douchebags and want to stay too

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't camp. Tell them to get their own rooms.

12-02-2005, 03:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Wait, what?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're an adult, try to act like one. Tell them to pay their own damn way, 7 in a room is borderline suicide.

Alobar
12-02-2005, 03:07 AM
you sound like a giant prima donna, a bunch of HS buddies want to go to vegas, but you cant possibly stay at the circus circus cuz its so horrible, so you get your own room, and now are all pissy that your cheap ass friends want to crash there too?

who effing cares, you are in vegas, if you spend more than 3 hours a day in that room you a giant pussy and shouldnt be allowed to have "old friend get togethers" in vegas.

If they arent close enough friends that you call them out for being cheap douches, then why are you partying with them in vegas anyway?

If it bothers you that much, be a man about it and say something, instead of being one of those pussies who says nothing but then is all douchey about it the whole time, otherwise just let it go and go read some of PJNs vegas posts and concentrate on having half as good a time as he does.

SammyKid11
12-02-2005, 03:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You're an adult, try to act like one. Tell them to pay their own damn way, 7 in a room is borderline suicide.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree...everyone pays their share of a room in whatever fashion they can afford. If your friends are really broke, tell them to split a cheap motel room 6 ways while you stay wherever you can afford. It's not your fault that your friends don't have any money. You didn't even plan the trip. You're not part of a monastery or commune with these guys...they're guys you used to go to high school with. Everyone pays their own way or you're going to 1) be pissed off about it, 2) end up paying for EVERYTHING that all of you do in Vegas, and 3) end up with no place to take any chick(s) you manage to pull. Give 'em hell and tell 'em what the damned deal is. This is America, for God's sakes, not China -- to each what he can afford!

12-02-2005, 03:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree...everyone pays their share of a room in whatever fashion they can afford. If your friends are really broke, tell them to split a cheap motel room 6 ways while you stay wherever you can afford. It's not your fault that your friends don't have any money. You didn't even plan the trip. You're not part of a monastery or commune with these guys...they're guys you used to go to high school with. Everyone pays their own way or you're going to 1) be pissed off about it, 2) end up paying for EVERYTHING that all of you do in Vegas, and 3) end up with no place to take any chick(s) you manage to pull. Give 'em hell and tell 'em what the damned deal is. This is America, for God's sakes, not China -- to each what he can afford!

[/ QUOTE ]

Two things we're forgetting. If they can't afford a damned hotel room, why are they going to Vegas? Are they going to gamble their pennies or something?

Also, it's VEGAS. If you're gamblers of any note, I'm sure comps of some sort may be in order for your cheap douchebag friends.

eviljeff
12-02-2005, 11:30 AM
this situation is impossible to resolve w/o knowing their real names

HopeydaFish
12-02-2005, 11:47 AM
I think that most people have a few friends like this as they are growing up. They either don't work and are broke all the time, or they work but spend every penny they make on clothes, booze, their cars, etc... and are always broke between paycheques. However, they expect all of their "friends" to subsidize them in the interim. These people are leeches and aren't worth having as friends.

Grow a sack and tell them that they're not staying in your room. Seven in a room is idiotic, even if you're only going to be in there for a few hours a day. If they can't afford a room, they won't be much fun in Vegas, as you'll either have to subsidize their entertainment for them, or you'll have to do everything on the cheap in order to accomodate their lack of funds.

swede123
12-02-2005, 11:55 AM
This is actually quite similar to a situation I was faced with this summer. My brother in law was doing the Bachelor party thing in Vegas and he and six other gimp friends all decided to share a room. Since I didn't much care for bunking with seven college guys I got my own reservation, offering my brother in law to share it with me. This plan seemed pretty reasonable to me, until the first night there when two of the six buddies decided to take all the room keys to their room and pass out with the door locked. Thus began a night of six of us sleeping in the same two-bed room. Of course I slept on one of the beds by myself, leaving my brother in law and another guy on the other bed, and three gimps sleeping on the floor.

Moral of the story: as long as you make the non-paying gimps sleep on the floor there really isn't an issue. Hell, turn your room into a virtual clown car stuffed full with poor buddies, just make sure there is one bed reserved for you and you alone.

Swede