PDA

View Full Version : I hate that damn guitar guy!

utmt40
12-02-2005, 02:42 AM
So earlier tonight I met up with a few old friends. We have a bon fire going and all and everything is going well. Then out of no where my buddy brings out this guitar and starts playing around the fie and hitting on this girl we used to go to school with. I was pissed not that I wanted her or anything but the fact it was so obvious to what he was doing. I finally pulled him to the side when he was done with a song and told him I was leaving. I hate [censored] guitar guys!!!!

Brom
12-02-2005, 02:43 AM
You sound like a hater.

To elaborate a little more, I too dislike the artsy, musical types, maybe out of jealousy. However, if it's their only angle, then they are going to be accustomed to working with it, and should be allowed to to. They need tang too.

Eurotrash
12-02-2005, 02:45 AM
I was hoping this thread would be about that Esteban dude that dresses in all black and sells guitars on infomercials

utmt40
12-02-2005, 02:47 AM
Trust me I am not hating by no means. Its just really gay.

fluxrad
12-02-2005, 02:49 AM
Learn some guitar so you can cock block him, then.

whiskeytown
if it wasn't for guitars Whiskeytown wouldn't get any action at all -

don't be hatin' cause you ain't playin' -

Maybe you should join the rocks and rings club - I'm sure the guitar players don't take the girls from Antonio - /images/graemlins/grin.gif

and guitar players aren't cock-blockers - piano players are...bastards -

RB

istewart
omg Euro brilliant avatar.

PoBoy321
12-02-2005, 02:50 AM
Yo, don't hate the playa, hate the game.

utmt40
12-02-2005, 02:50 AM
I didnt say anything about desparate souls whiskeytown...

Eurotrash
12-02-2005, 02:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
omg Euro brilliant avatar.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stuey gave me the hook-up, nephew.

utmt40
12-02-2005, 02:54 AM
Yeah Euro thats a pretty tight avatar!

whiskeytown
I am neither desperate nor possessor of a soul any longer.

I lost my soul in a college pool game along with my first-born - apparently this is not a selling point with chicks, BTW.

RB

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Getting chicks is gay?

12-02-2005, 02:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I was hoping this thread would be about that Esteban dude that dresses in all black and sells guitars on infomercials

[/ QUOTE ]

theweatherman
12-02-2005, 02:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Getting chicks is gay?

[/ QUOTE ]

its counter-intuitive

utmt40
12-02-2005, 02:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Getting chicks is gay?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, playing the guitar to get them is gay.

diebitter
12-02-2005, 03:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So earlier tonight I met up with a few old friends. We have a bon fire going and all and everything is going well. Then out of no where my buddy brings out this guitar and starts playing around the fie and hitting on this girl we used to go to school with. I was pissed not that I wanted her or anything but the fact it was so obvious to what he was doing. I finally pulled him to the side when he was done with a song and told him I was leaving. I hate [censored] guitar guys!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm with you and John Belushi/Bluto on this.

12-02-2005, 03:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Getting chicks is gay?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Its not like your pulling a Yanni act or something. Just 'cuz you don't/can 't play, don't hate.

James Boston
12-02-2005, 03:07 AM
utmt40,

Chicks dig a guy who can stroke the strings. They think he can stroke other things equally as well.

Keep On Rockin' In The Free World,
James

12-02-2005, 03:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Or learn how to play guitar. I bet she was into it and her squishie was all hot and bothered.

I can see it now...

"Man, screw you - I'm leaving!"

"So? Go on then, junior."

cdxx
12-02-2005, 03:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i ain't an english major, but the above could be parsed as

"i am indeed hating, but i am doing like a homosexual."

i could be wrong, but it's still funny.

SammyKid11
12-02-2005, 03:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is working out to have a good body to get girls that way also gay?
Is it gay to get a great job, earn lots of money, and get girls that way?
Is it gay to work your ass off to be a professional athlete and get girls that way? Is it also gay to run for governor of Arkansas and then POTUS to get girls that way?
Is it gay to learn how to smooth-talk in order to get girls?
Is it gay to shower so girls will like how you smell?
Is it gay to get a haircut that you think will make girls more likely to hop on and take a ride?

My point is...we all do things to try to get girls. Some workout a lot, some go for power, some go for money, nice possessions, some for fame, others for an artsy angle, others learn how to best talk to women, etc. NONE of it is gay. In fact, if you're a guy working ANY angle to try to have sex with a girl, you are most decidedly doing an UN-gay thing. It is all also in-bounds. If you're not doing any of the things I described, you're not trying very hard to get girls. If you are doing any of the things I described, you are no better than your guitar friend...you just don't know how to play the guitar and are therefore jealous that he has a way in that you don't.

Chicks dig musicians. I would know -- it's how I've gotten virtually every girl I've ever been with. Check that, I would say music has been a key element in EVERY girl I've ever been with...and I have been with more than my share of VERY hot women in my life. It's not gay...it's possible, however...that you are.

tonypaladino
12-02-2005, 03:21 AM
I hope Dex gets in on this thread.

Slow Play Ray
12-02-2005, 08:51 AM
quit crying and learn to play the guitar. no matter how bad you are, if you can make a song sound approximately like its supposed to, chicks will dig it.

also, be sure to learn "into the mystic" - never misses.

diebitter
12-02-2005, 08:55 AM
The problem I have with the guitar guy on the stairs at a party or whatever is it seems like the sonic equivalent of spraying your scent everywhere - everyone HAS TO put up with it, and it's anoying and a little disruptive to the party vibe, pretty much. It can kill conversations stone dead if you're all in one place.

And I'm a guitar player, so I'm not jealous or anything, but if I wanted to spray, I'd be more honest and do exactly that.

Actually, I quite like that idea...

CrazyEyez
12-02-2005, 10:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This is exactly who I thought of when I read the subject. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

CORed
12-02-2005, 04:54 PM
Watch Animal House. Then you will know how to handle guitar guys.

asofel
12-02-2005, 04:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I hate [censored] guitar guys!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

then don't [censored] them dude /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Benal
12-02-2005, 05:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This is exactly who I thought of when I read the subject. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL Same here. That's guy's hilarious.

Dex
12-02-2005, 05:59 PM
A little jealous of the guitar guy, eh? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I was pissed not that I wanted her or anything but the fact it was so obvious to what he was doing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since you didn't want her, why would you be pissed about this?

JonPKibble
12-02-2005, 06:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Getting chicks is gay?

[/ QUOTE ]

Playing a guitar to pick up dudes is gay

gamblore99
12-02-2005, 08:13 PM
It's usually good to have a guitar guy around the bon-fire, makes it more fun. Only problem is when the guitar player is a [censored] and tries to stop people from talking, telling people to "go over there" if they want to talk, and always has to be right. And its his cottage. Arghhh

12-02-2005, 08:18 PM
Playing in a band at at a bar, or club = not gay
jamming in a basement with friends and chicks = not gay
playing guitar in general = not gat

pretending to be some [censored] off the OC or whatevery you kids watch, by playing guitar at a bonfire = super gay

Kyo Souma II
12-02-2005, 09:01 PM
Don't hate on esteban!

Did you know that every day thousands of youngsters long to express themselves through the gift of music..
http://www.livwell.com/esteban_guitar-split2.jpg

craig r
12-02-2005, 09:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's usually good to have a guitar guy around the bon-fire, makes it more fun. Only problem is when the guitar player is a [censored] and tries to stop people from talking, telling people to "go over there" if they want to talk, and always has to be right. And its his cottage. Arghhh

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you should spend less time at cottages. It did no good for goldilocks.

craig

cwsiggy
12-02-2005, 09:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

utmt40
12-03-2005, 12:30 AM
You all missed the point and as always OOTiots manage to find ways to make things into what they are not. I am just saying that 1. its really [censored] annoying. 2. If you cant pick up girls without a guitar then you have a few things to learn and 3. Dont be so damn obvious at what you are doing when you are doing it. I have no problem with someone picking up a chick and screwing her brains out but I cant stand guitar guy!

masse75
12-03-2005, 01:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Learn some bagpipe so you can cock block him, then.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

gamblore99
12-03-2005, 02:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You all missed the point and as always OOTiots manage to find ways to make things into what they are not. I am just saying that 1. its really [censored] annoying. 2. If you cant pick up girls without a guitar then you have a few things to learn and 3. Dont be so damn obvious at what you are doing when you are doing it. I have no problem with someone picking up a chick and screwing her brains out but I cant stand guitar guy!

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont see anything wrong with a guy using his skills to impress woman. So ya your friend isn't the greatest with girls, but that doesn't make him an [censored]. Look at it this way. Pretend you play guitar. Now lets say you can get good looking girls without your guitar. But you can get hotter girls with it. Would you not use your guitar? If you wouldn't you are stupid.

The only valid point you have in your post is that hitting on the girl in situation as described above can be very awkward for everyone, including the girl.

I personally am great with a BO staff, and take full advantage of it when trying to impress girls.

daryn
12-03-2005, 02:11 AM
dude, everyone hates the guitar guy, except for the guitar guy, who thinks everyone likes him

afk
12-03-2005, 02:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are sooooooo jealous.

It's just as painfully obvious when guys try to pick up girls by any other method. Just chill out and try to let him work his magic.

utmt40
12-03-2005, 02:25 AM
If he does that by himself (one on one with the girl) then that is fine. But when you are doing iti n front of a bunch of people then by god its annoying.

12-03-2005, 06:19 AM
Hi utmt40,

I dont carry an accoustic around with me, but if theres one nearby, I will become the guitar guy. We guitar guys dont hate you normies like you hate us - instead, we simply love all the attention we get.

Digging the open chords,
Bright