PDA

View Full Version : Does any line of play work here?

tpir90036
12-02-2005, 01:58 AM
After the first break. Blinds are T100/200 with a 25 ante. Folded to the button (T17K) who raises to T500. He has been very active and hitting but I don't think he is particularly good or anything. I am in the BB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif9/images/graemlins/heart.gif and a stack of T8500 and make it T2K. He calls.

Flop A/images/graemlins/club.gifA/images/graemlins/spade.gifT/images/graemlins/club.gif
There is over T4K in the pot and I have T6K left.

Check-raise all-in? That is my first reaction in case I can get him to somehow bet a PP thinking that I have KK/QQ and am scared. Everything else seems counter-intuitive.

Bet half pot and fold to an all-in can not possibly be right. Re-raise less pre-flop so that I can have room to get away?

12-02-2005, 02:39 AM
I would lead small mabe like T1000-1500 hoping to get reraised. If i got smoothcalled Id check any turn to check raise all in. The reraise preflop makes no sense unless you thought you had the best hand, so folding is out of the question postflop here. I think leading out is the best way to get all the chips in. if You check, and he bets it prob wont be all in but a small probe bet, however if he had been betting a lot of continuation bets then id prob check to him but with no reads id lead out here.

12-02-2005, 02:43 AM
A check is way too suspicious here, IMHO.

Exitonly
12-02-2005, 02:45 AM
i normally just bet 2k again and hope they come ove rthe top.