PDA

View Full Version : Absolute Changes

12-02-2005, 01:19 AM
I wonder if Absolute will lose many customers to the recent changes of the rake requirements for reload payouts?? I know of a couple of dudes who aren't playing there anymore because of it but was curious if there will be any significant impact??

playersare
12-02-2005, 01:28 AM
judging by that there was no change in traffic at Party Poker and Pokerrrom network after they downgraded their rake and/or bonus structures, I would say no.

like you said, it only affects "a couple of dudes".

celiboy
12-02-2005, 02:05 AM
IN the past month at peak time there were about 10 - 15 tables at .5/1 full....tonight there were 4. Seemed to be a few more 1/2 full than usual as I guess the whores (me included) realized the bonus is impossible to clear at .5/1

POKhER
12-02-2005, 09:34 AM
Well hopefully all the tags will leave my .50/1 and 1/2 6max games and go play 2/4 /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I can hope.
Ill be working towards 2/4 faster now.

BillsChips
12-02-2005, 12:16 PM
I just opened my first Internet account 2 weeks ago, and it was at Absolute. I'm half way thru clearing my $190 bonus and they changed the min raked hand criteria (for bonus clearing) from $.25 to $.50. This seems a bit extreme and slightly unethical. When I signed up, I agreed to their bonus clearing requirements. As far as I'm concerned, that's a contract and shouldn't be altered mid-stream.

I've been playing .50/1.00 9max tables. With the tightness of these tables (2-3 to a flop), it'll take a long time to clear the rest of my bonus.

On the plus side, I've improved my tight-game play tremendously.

Bill

TheIrishThug
12-02-2005, 12:22 PM
check the T&C again, i would not be surprised if there was a line that said we r allowed to alter this at anytime. which would mean they r not breaking the terms of the contract when it changed.

12-02-2005, 12:26 PM
They probably have every right to do it, but it's still kinda shady, and a poor service to the customer. They shouldn't offer a promotion, knowing they are going to change the rules, and then save themselves with the fine pringt. I am in the same boat on this deal, so i am just going to cut free of absolute and go to a different site. I emailed them, and they show little interest in helping me.

Dave H.
12-02-2005, 12:30 PM
I'm done with them...they obviously don't want the "little guy"; so be it.

12-02-2005, 12:55 PM
its padded my bank roll by ck raising those tight weak bonus chasing whores

this is the best 5 days i have had on AP playing 1/2 limit
if i could get over my NL crack addiction i would be running very well.

on a lighter note i donot have rakeback or didnt do a reload bonus, and i cant bring my self to play anywhere else right now making 15$ an hour playing 2hrs a day on 2 tables

SomethingClever
12-02-2005, 01:13 PM
They lost me. But I wasn't a profitable customer for them anyway.

Although I did start an awful lot of tables for them. And play HU and 3 handed to keep them going.

tomdemaine
12-02-2005, 01:31 PM
A lot of the people that will leave will have been net losers for the site or close. 9 people on a table all clearing a 10X bonus + some on rakeback = $1 per hand. You can see why they no longer want to give it out on hand raked 25c. 50c is probably about break even considering not everyone will be clearing bonus.

jrz1972
12-02-2005, 01:51 PM
Agreed. I've been playing at Absolute for about 6 weeks. During that time I cleared ~500 in bonuses while paying only 400-something in rake (I don't have PT in front of me). And of course Absolute didn't even get to keep all that rake since some went back to my affiliate which in turn returned some to me.

I always wondered how Absolute could possibly afford the bonus structure they offered. Now I know: They couldn't.

They lost my business but I'm sure they're fine with that. No hard feelings.

krimson
12-02-2005, 04:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I wonder if Absolute will lose many customers to the recent changes of the rake requirements for reload payouts?? I know of a couple of dudes who aren't playing there anymore because of it but was curious if there will be any significant impact??

[/ QUOTE ]
The only players that will be leaving are the ones that were losing them money.