PDA

View Full Version : ($22) AT tight table

12-02-2005, 01:18 AM
Table was tight (button was a little loose early on) and SB is really tight and is a 2+2er, BB also tight by my numbers. Is playing AT terrible here? I don't think it can be played anyother way than push IF you play it at all. My image should be very tight as well...except that I had just pushed last hand and went uncontested. Blinds just got to this level.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

SB (t1210)
BB (t1075)
UTG (t1458)
UTG+1 (t475)
MP1 (t485)
MP2 (t825)
MP3 (t780)
Hero (t862)
Button (t830)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, Hero raises All-in, Button folds, SB raises all in, BB folds.

result:
<font color="white"> SB (2+2er) had AK </font>

wiggs73
12-02-2005, 01:21 AM
standard.

GtrHtr
12-02-2005, 01:25 AM
Tight tables have a habit of becoming loose very fast. Anyway, from the CO I'd fold this. You are doing fine in chips and a tight table = blinds hit you less often. Look at the stacks, look at stack management. Level 5, I'd like this a lot more. Level 4 hasty.

Patience.

GtrHtr
see my reply, but I disagree.

I wouldn't push BECAUSE I just pushed one hand ago. For me to make consecutive pushes my hand needs to seriously improve. I'll make 4th consecutive raise/push for the blinds pretty much only with AA, KK, AKs. ATo is a bit weak for a second push IMO.

liucipher
12-02-2005, 01:26 AM
i'd push this w/o thinking.

if i'm wrong, whoo-eeeh, i need to do some studying.

and that's a real possibility . . .

wiggs73
12-02-2005, 01:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Tight tables have a habit of becoming loose very fast. Anyway, from the CO I'd fold this. You are doing fine in chips and a tight table = blinds hit you less often. Look at the stacks, look at stack management. Level 5, I'd like this a lot more. Level 4 hasty.

Patience.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can we run ICM on this? I don't have SNG power tools, but I'd like to see what it says. I'd be suprised if this isn't +EV.

Whoever made the point about pushing twice in a row, I actually missed that hero pushed the previous hand when I read the post. That would probably also get me to fold because, as GtrHtr, we aren't desparate yet.

If you argue that the push from the hand before loosened the blinds' calling standards, then ICM might say it's a fold. Using the standard ranges though, I'm pretty sure it's a push, although it might be close.

Freudian
12-02-2005, 02:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Patience.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can we run ICM on this? I don't have SNG power tools, but I'd like to see what it says. I'd be suprised if this isn't +EV.

Whoever made the point about pushing twice in a row, I actually missed that hero pushed the previous hand when I read the post. That would probably also get me to fold because, as GtrHtr, we aren't desparate yet.

If you argue that the push from the hand before loosened the blinds' calling standards, then ICM might say it's a fold. Using the standard ranges though, I'm pretty sure it's a push, although it might be close.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is a push with all ranges, and it will be more profitable with a calling range of 22+,A2s+,A3o+,KTs+,KJo+,QJs instead of 44+,A7s+,A9o+,KJs+. So them loosening up isn't something that should deter hero from pushing.

bjb23
12-02-2005, 02:04 AM
i autopush this... nh.

tigerite
12-02-2005, 06:21 AM
This is a very easy push. I can't believe someone thinks you should fold? From the CO? With 3 to act? Err.. there's no range they can call with to make this unprofitable..

Shillx
12-02-2005, 06:32 AM
Yeah you have to push here. AT is worth a lot in this situation, perhaps as much as 12-13 BB. Not only is it worth this much, but it is worth this much face up. It makes no difference what they decide to call with, it will win $$ when you have less then that in this situation. It depends somewhat on stack size and # of people, but I would shove it with a lot more then 8.6 BB behind. It would start getting interesting at about 15 BB or so IMO.

Brad

Sciolist
12-02-2005, 09:11 AM
I push this too. Infact, I don't know why I made this post.

12-02-2005, 10:18 AM
I dont know the result so this is MO.
ANy bet you make ensures you are commited to the pot.
With AT I would do the same, you would rather take the blinds here tho

GtrHtr
12-02-2005, 11:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This is a very easy push. I can't believe someone thinks you should fold? From the CO? With 3 to act? Err.. there's no range they can call with to make this unprofitable..

[/ QUOTE ]

I think its close. ICM may say its a clear push, but other considerations - stacks, players remaining, blind levels - lean this toward a fold. I respect your insight and posts, but saying, "I can't believe someone thinks you should fold? From the CO?" doesn't IMO take into consideration the other considerations I list above. Food for thought.

45suited
12-02-2005, 11:23 AM
I'm surprised that this hand is generating so much discussion. This is an insta-push in my book. Let's not outthink ourselves. Image considerations can be disregarded when one would be correct pushing with his cards turned face up.

GtrHtr
12-02-2005, 11:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm surprised that this hand is generating so much discussion. This is an insta-push in my book. Let's not outthink ourselves. Image considerations can be disregarded when one would be correct pushing with his cards turned face up.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're no doubt correct. The calling standards at the 11s and 22s lately have me looking for a better spot than this.

Welcome back (a little late). How're you feeling?