PDA

View Full Version : ni han, sir

34TheTruth34
07-08-2003, 12:55 PM
I've just started playing at Party Poker low limits, so as you can imagine I've got some amazing stories to tell, including losing with JJ to J3 with a jack on board. Here is an unbelievable hand I played there the other day:

I open limp in EMP in what has been an extremely loose, extremely passive game with A /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 4 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif. On this hand, however, everyone folds to the blinds who both play. 3 handed.

Flop T /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif -7 /forums/images/icons/club.gif -5 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif. They check, I bet, they both call.

Turn 2 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif, giving me even more outs. They check, I bet, SB calls, BB folds.

River Q /forums/images/icons/club.gif, missing me completely. SB checks, I bet, he calls and shows A /forums/images/icons/heart.gif 2 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif and takes it down!

Comments?

Louie Landale
07-08-2003, 01:44 PM
No reason to bet your Ace high on the river; the loose folk are going to call with any pair. And with some justification I may add.

- Louie

ElSapo
07-08-2003, 01:54 PM
Stop bluffing.

That's basically me talking to myself, but you can listen in.

They call, man, that's what they do, they just call. Sometimes I don't think they even expect to win, they just want to know what you have. So, really, with a few exceptions, you can't bluff.

Once in a while, that final bet on the end will knock out the opponent and you'll get the pot. For that to happen, they generlly missed their gutshot and failed to pair anything. And, didn't have an ace.

This morning, for instance, I had KQs on the button, a couple of limpers to me and I raised. Overcards, a draw, blah blah, I bet the draws, which didn't get there, and tossed out a desperation bet on the end against the one remaining guy. He called me with A-high. I don't know who played worse - me for betting or him for calling. Probably me. He was stacking chips, after all.

Point being, the bluff doesn't work very often at low limits, unless you're bluffing a good player, someone actually capable of laying down to the hand you're representing.

There is good news though - they call. When you do have a hand, they're gonna call that also.

El Sapo