MP1 limps
Button limps
Hero completes
BB checks

5 sb K 3 T rainbow no hearts

checked to button who bet
hero ????

12-02-2005, 01:16 AM
bottom two sucks, im pretty sure you have to raise.

p.s. should i be completing with this?

p.p.s. "checked to button who bet" not checked to button, who bet. i guess you cant raise then.

27offsooot
12-02-2005, 01:17 AM
bet the flop. People will call with Gutshots, Ts, pocket pairs, ace high, backdoor flushes, two cards that add up to 17, (Okay, overboard, but u get the point, this is a call friendly board). And u get to three bet a K. And two pair is vulnerable to being counterfeited or outdrawn.

As played, i don't know, call, donk the turn. Bad situation though. You can c/r but the pot is so small.

Edit - and all those limps suggest players making bad to very bad calls much more likely.

jt1
12-02-2005, 01:21 AM
good points

i donk turn (no raise)

i bet river

12-02-2005, 01:44 AM
Uh... Yeah. Bottom two is weak, and this flop isn't safe. Besides counterfeiting, any other face card or 9 might mean two pair or straight. More important to win the hand than build the pot.

I think leading the flop is the best option. Hopefully you get to three bet a K or maybe QJ.

As played, raise the button's bet.

Dopey
12-02-2005, 01:53 AM
Given the way it played, raise. With no reads I would lead the flop.

Question - If everyone else is passive and the button is agressive, is checking with the intent to raise button bet a better play or too much of a risk?

By limping pre the players dont appear to play that well, is forcing them to call 2 bets cold better than having them call your lead?

Thoughts?

Dopey /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

deepsquat
12-02-2005, 01:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
bottom two sucks, im pretty sure you have to raise.

[/ QUOTE ]