PDA

View Full Version : loose or tight table?

12-02-2005, 01:04 AM
If a table is real loose you should tighten your starting hands right? why is that though ... if alot of people are seeing a flop they must be playing alot of trash .. so couldnt u loosen up on your starting hand requirements .. i know its reversed like if a table is tight you can play more hands as your posistion improves.. i just dont see why .... any help is appreciated

12-02-2005, 01:17 AM
I play a lot looser at a loose table but not quite as loose as the other players. I won't play at a tight table and there is no need to as far as I am concerned. I'm talking B&M here. In the B&M's a tight table is an anomaly these days. If there are consistently 6-7 players seeing the flop I can find a lot of hands to play esp. with position.

12-02-2005, 01:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I play a lot looser at a loose table but not quite as loose as the other players. I won't play at a tight table and there is no need to as far as I am concerned. I'm talking B&M here. In the B&M's a tight table is an anomaly these days. If there are consistently 6-7 players seeing the flop I can find a lot of hands to play esp. with position.

[/ QUOTE ]

how much more loose than your norm are you talking about? unsuited connectors, Kx/Qx suited, stuff like that?

jt1
12-02-2005, 01:45 AM
play looser the tighter the table is

play looser the looser the table is

why?....you play LAG at a tight table to steal blinds and such

you limp more at a loose passive table 'cause when you hit, you'll earn more

at a LAG table, you have to tighten up

but against a single lag opponent, you look to isolate

12-02-2005, 10:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
play looser the tighter the table is

play looser the looser the table is

why?....you play LAG at a tight table to steal blinds and such

you limp more at a loose passive table 'cause when you hit, you'll earn more

at a LAG table, you have to tighten up

but against a single lag opponent, you look to isolate

[/ QUOTE ]

Boy, was this well put. Just so, I agree completely (except I still won't play at a tight table which is usually not a problem). I am mostly playing in loose-passive games these days and will limp with many hand types and, as you say, if you hit and bet strong you will get paid more often than not.

If I'm at a LAG table I will tighten up some but just a touch tighter than everybody else is playing and will be more concerned with position knowing that I usually won't be able to limp for one bet.