PDA

View Full Version : Stars 2/4 - finding my feet - folding line with JJ

Peter Harris
12-02-2005, 12:58 AM
Hey all. I am whoring my bonus at stars ($270 at 2/4, it moves quicker than MTTs, although that said, i'm in the $11+R right now /images/graemlins/tongue.gif).

2/4 is the highest online level i've played, and the game plays similarly to 1/2 in my mind. However, i just need a sanity check now and again. Is this line with JJ okay? UTG has sat down this orbit, CO is a bit bet-happy but hasn't done anything too out of line. Only sat with them for 5 orbits thus far, no hand histories on them either.

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, MP calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP checks.

Turn: (5 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP calls, Hero folds.

waffle
12-02-2005, 01:02 AM
I bet the flop before I give up.

Peter Harris
12-02-2005, 01:08 AM
yeah, i think i wussed out. I had just held JJ on another table and the flop came AKx and i just thought "here we go again".

I coupled that with the fact that one of my J's was tainted for the diamond draw and wussed out.

Here's another fold i found. for the love of all that is good, please don't ask why i didnt bet the flop.

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (3 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds

gonzopro
12-02-2005, 01:53 AM
Can I get a continuation bet over here? You may have the best hand in 1 and most likely have the best of it in 2. They can't fold if you don't bet (well technically they can).

deepsquat
12-02-2005, 01:57 AM
Hand 1- I bet the flop and thats probably the last bet i put in.

Hand 2- Not cont betting this flop should be illegal. You will prob have best hand + fold equity

imported_leader
12-02-2005, 02:47 AM
You need to bet both of these. Hand 1 because it has a ton of fold equity against betting hands i.e. PP and hand two because you have the best hand a ton.

Peter Harris
12-02-2005, 07:40 AM
Thanks for the replies.

Basically i was looking for an "upside the head" from the forum; these were both instances where i folded the winner (hand 1 was won by 88, hand 2 by AQ). I think a combination of concern about my aggression stats and ill feeling from previous situations made me fail to bet. And as such I will not post any hands like this ever again (by which i mean i will never do it again, not just avoid posting them /images/graemlins/blush.gif)

Awful, awful hands.

POKhER
12-02-2005, 09:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1- I bet the flop and thats probably the last bet i put in.

Hand 2- Not cont betting this flop should be illegal. You will prob have best hand + fold equity

[/ QUOTE ]

What he said, betting when you make a hand after PFR will make you so dam predictable.. You'll get owned.