PDA

View Full Version : $11: it's official. i am on tilt.

liucipher
12-02-2005, 12:20 AM
i need reassurance like a kid needs his mother.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

CO (t1275)
Button (t2360)
SB (t995)
Hero (t710)
UTG (t360)
MP (t2300)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

UTG calls 100, MP raises to 200, 3 folds, Hero folds.

Correct, right?

LesJ
12-02-2005, 12:23 AM
If it were a race heads up for your 710 chips with your small pair, I might say you should play in this spot. This is not the case, however. The UTG limper is very likely to end up all in on this hand basically meaning your 4s would have to hold up vs. most likely (at the BEST) 4 overcards. Folding is right here.
Les

microbet
12-02-2005, 12:33 AM
It's close. I'm not in love with leaving myself with 6BBs with either 5 or 6 people left. MP is probably not in love with his hand and just wanted to play against UTG.

I probably push and hope to end up HU, if not, just hope they don't have an overpair and take a chance a tripling.

If I 200 more chips, I would fold. Probably even 100 more.

splashpot
12-02-2005, 12:37 AM
I fold.

bluefeet
12-02-2005, 12:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It's close. I'm not in love with leaving myself with 6BBs with either 5 or 6 people left. MP is probably not in love with his hand and just wanted to play against UTG.

I probably push and hope to end up HU, if not, just hope they don't have an overpair and take a chance a tripling.

If I 200 more chips, I would fold. Probably even 100 more.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Just an ounce more FE given this table, I fold pretty easily. Tough spot for sure.

liucipher
12-02-2005, 12:40 AM
micro, you're blowing my world.

i think i may be playing too tight. i can't remember the last time I approached 6 handed with anything resembling more than 10xBB.

anybody else want to show me the way?

microbet
12-02-2005, 12:46 AM
Again, I think it's close, but I think you have to look at the stacks. If you fold this hand, you have two guys crushing you, and you're fighting for 3rd place with 2 or 3 others at a disadvantage to them as well.

It would be a lot different if there were one really big stack and a whole bunch of you fighting for 2nd and 3rd.

12-02-2005, 02:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (6 handed) converter

CO (t1275)
Button (t2360)
SB (t995)
Hero (t710)
UTG (t360)
MP (t2300)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4, 4.

UTG calls 100, MP raises to 200, 3 folds, Hero folds.

Correct, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

With a call and a raise ahead of me, I would have folded. I would have looked at it this way: In this situation, 4-4 is roughly equivalent (maybe slightly ahead, but not by much) to many medium suited overcards...such as mmm J-8s or maybe 9-7s. Sooo...if those hands would equal a fold in your mind, them 4-4 probably does as well. Have a great day!

brimstone1
12-02-2005, 03:03 AM
Flex your mind, and ask yourself this:

You are UTG, you have 360 chips. The blinds are 50/100.

What hands are you going to limp with?

Then fold comfortably.

bluef0x
12-02-2005, 03:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Flex your mind, and ask yourself this:

You are UTG, you have 360 chips. The blinds are 50/100.

What hands are you going to limp with?

Then fold comfortably.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a $11... I just witnessed a million idiotic plays in my last 10.

I raise preflop 5BBish with QQ. Get a caller. Flop is Q high, I check- he bets, I raise, he calls. Turn T putting 2 diamonds on board. I make half pot bet he calls. River King of spades. I go all-in and he calls my all-in...

What'd he have? J7 diamonds for the almost nut J-high.

Asking yourself how you would play only goes so far... but yes I'd PROBABLY fold here.

12-02-2005, 04:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahah Dude, I'm delirious and it's late but that [censored] was REALLY funny to me.

bluef0x
12-02-2005, 05:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahah Dude, I'm delirious and it's late but that [censored] was REALLY funny to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh, others include me pushing UTG with I believe AJs on the bubble. I have like 1k chips, big stack folds, shorty (500ish) folds, and the BB with about 1.2k chips calls.

He flips over 82o and says "I thought you were trying to buy the pot"

"It almost worked, I was going to beat you." When the flop came 8-2-J, but luckily for once my hand improves and he busts soon after.

How about... before you start thinking about what I'm doing looking at stack sizes and YOUR OWN CARDS. It's times like these that make it so hard to believe I can actually have downswings.

liucipher
12-02-2005, 02:49 PM
Your reply is hilarious.

UTG in my situation had J6s. Villain had K9s. Doesn't make my 44 feel any better, but yeah, whooeee some players ...

bones
12-02-2005, 02:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He flips over 82o and says "I thought you were trying to buy the pot"

[/ QUOTE ]

I send a few of these hands per day to some people on my AIM list. Mostly at the 33s, with some 22s and 55s sprinkled in. Someone will complete, I'll shove, they'll call 9bbs with 32 (I wish I could find the hand). Or my personal favorite, I was pushing a lot of hands HU against a guy and we had about even stacks. I shove something close to the nuts like A9. He tanks for about 15 seconds, types "ive had this hand 3 times against you already, so im going to call" He calls with 42s. He hits his flush and says "it must be fate".

Fate indeed.