PDA

View Full Version : WSOP...what would YOU do?

zuluking
07-08-2003, 12:23 PM
This happened to me last night on a PP $30 tournament game, and it got me to thinking, would I have folded if this were the WSOP under the same situation?

1st hand of the tournament dealt, I'm on the button with KK. 2 calls, 4 folds, and then player to my left goes all-in. I call, he shows 10 10 and wins it when the 10 flops.

Would I have called in this situation in the WSOP? I don't know. My gut tells me I would. Assume you know NOTHING about the player, would you call?

zuluking
07-08-2003, 12:25 PM
It should read, "player to my right."

Justaloser
07-08-2003, 12:27 PM
I doubt you would see anyone go all-in first hand at WSOP.

slogger
07-08-2003, 03:51 PM
Shake my head, mumble some obscenity, grit my teeth, pray that this woudln't be the third time in three weeks my opponent held AA to my KK, and call.

Then I would remodel my room at Binion's Johnny Depp style after getting cracked by the 10 on the flop. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

Kurn, son of Mogh
07-08-2003, 04:37 PM
Let's put it this way. The only thing worse than calling with KK on the 1st hand of the WSOP and seeing TT beat me would be tossing those cowboys and having him show me the tens.

Rickfish
07-08-2003, 07:29 PM
But if you ask that question you have to also ask whether the person with TT would have gone all-in. One hand is not much entertainment for $10,000. I would fold KK if it was WSOP because I would not see how anyone would be crazy enough to do it without AA.

Some people don't have the patience for $30 tournaments so they go all in as quick as they can. If they win fine, if they don't they enter another. There was another thread about this style on Pokerstars. To be honest, I can't remember ever folding kings and I certainly wouldn't in a $30.

In summary, it is not incongruous to fold in WSOP and call in $30 PP tournament.