PDA

View Full Version : (22) Fold top pair to UTG limp?

golfcchs
12-01-2005, 11:19 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (7 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Hero (t1425)
UTG (t1418)
MP1 (t2135)
MP2 (t880)
CO (t505)
Button (t1085)
SB (t552)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls t50, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (t125) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t100</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to t425</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: t650

UTG had been fairly tight. My stats had him with 23% volintary in pot and no raises, cant remember how he got his chips though /images/graemlins/frown.gif

bluefeet
12-01-2005, 11:23 PM
I don't hate c-r'ing, or pushing over here. Considering hands you are behind generally aren't limping UTG - short of flopping a set (which might play it this fast considering your apparent interest in the FD).

golfcchs
12-01-2005, 11:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I don't hate c-r'ing, or pushing over here. Considering hands you are behind generally aren't limping UTG - short of flopping a set (which might play it this fast considering your apparent interest in the FD).

[/ QUOTE ]

What hands is he reraising with that I can beat? And do you really think it is enough to make a push possible? (Mabey I over estimate how much respect flop bets from blinds get at the 22's)

bluefeet
12-02-2005, 12:02 AM
The range of hands that have US beat are smaller, let's look at those:

AA
KK
AK

Which of these are being limped L3 by a fairly tight player?

AA - doubtful (leaving some 'trap' room)
KK - very doubtful
AK - more doubtful
53 - ain't happening
55 - (key work...tight) probably not
33 - more probably not

What kinds of hands are raising this flop? Just about any hand not listed above that would limp PF. This includes the other nine PP's that we beat, a couple other 'decent' Aces, KQ, etc.

You face a tough-ish laydown regardless. Honestly, maybe more difficult had this flop not contained two hearts. He could VERY easily be disrespecting your 'obvious' FD, or have the nut FD himself...pushing you off a weak K perhaps.

Given all of this, I don't hate the idea of going broke on this flop.

durron597
12-02-2005, 12:27 AM
I would make this 200 preflop and fold to a limp reraise. If he just calls me he can have my whole stack on this flop.

Edit: the way you played it I think you have to fold. I might go for a flop checkraise but I would never play it this way to begin with so meh.

microbet
12-02-2005, 12:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would make this 200 preflop and fold to a limp reraise. If he just calls me he can have my whole stack on this flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

That sounds like a very good way to play it against someone who is fairly tight. If he was trapping, you'll find out, and he'll probably dump a lot of lower PPs and weak Aces. A loose-passive will still call you and you won't know anything about where he is.

golfcchs
12-02-2005, 01:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That sounds like a very good way to play it against someone who is fairly tight. If he was trapping, you'll find out, and he'll probably dump a lot of lower PPs and weak Aces. A loose-passive will still call you and you won't know anything about where he is.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I said tight I meant tight for an average party player. He was also somewhat passive.