PDA

View Full Version : Daisy does America

DoubleDown
12-01-2005, 11:09 PM
Anyone looking forward to this show?

have courtney cox, david arquette, & TBS shoved enough ads about it down viewer's throats yet?

from the commercials i have very little idea what the show entails. alls i know is that its some chic with a british accent prancing around america talking to random people.
official website (http://static.tbs.com/dda/flash_content/flash_content.html)

could this be Ali G: version feminina? that might be worth watching. hbo would obviously be a better medium for the content; not sure how great it would be on tbs.

TheIrishThug
12-01-2005, 11:34 PM
yeah, it's def not gonna have the flare Ali G had. but in like the 10 min ad they had running before harry potter started she asked a pet psychic "who, who, who let the dogs out?" that pretty much seal the decision in my mind that i would not be watching this show.

TheBlueMonster
12-02-2005, 12:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
yeah, it's def not gonna have the flare Ali G had. but in like the 10 min ad they had running before harry potter started she asked a pet psychic "who, who, who let the dogs out?" that pretty much seal the decision in my mind that i would not be watching this show.

[/ QUOTE ]
but that joke is so funny to all the people living back in the 90s!

dblgutshot
12-02-2005, 12:45 AM
Her eyes scare me.

Dynasty
12-02-2005, 01:02 AM
I'm looking forard to the show starting just so that ads will stop.

Sephus
12-02-2005, 01:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

youtalkfunny
12-02-2005, 02:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like movie ESPN ever made.

("All I want to do is race, Daddy...Don't you guys get it? Playing *MY* way is what *GOT* you here!)

utmt40
12-02-2005, 02:49 AM
I thought it was Debbie Does Dallas???

12-02-2005, 05:27 AM
if its anything like her UK show, it will be pretty weak

stigmata
12-02-2005, 07:43 AM
She did this series in the UK a while a go, I'm presuming its the same show that aired here ages back. Anyway, it sucked. One or two funny moments but overall pertty bad. Don't bother.

She started out on "The 11'o clock show" in the '90s which was kind of OK. Everyone used to tune in though, because this program was the genesis of Ali G. Ali G was just a 5 minute segment in the middle of the program, but thats the reason you were watching -- I guess it was a bit like the Tracy Ullman Show & The Simpson.

Anyway, I think Daisy just hitched off of the success of The 11' O clock show, thanks to Ali G.

Brainwalter
12-02-2005, 10:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
She did this series in the UK a while a go, I'm presuming its the same show that aired here ages back. Anyway, it sucked. One or two funny moments but overall pertty bad. Don't bother.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um I don't think it's the same show. Daisy Does America? But I think you're right about it sucking.

stigmata
12-02-2005, 10:46 AM
Um no, I checked it out, I'm pretty sure this is a repeat of Channel 4 show from a few years back. Same chick, Same title, Same suckiness.

I'm guessing TBS must be pretty cheap /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Dominic
12-02-2005, 12:27 PM
i have no clue what you're talking about. I have yet to see any commercial for this.

esknights
12-02-2005, 12:50 PM
This show will suck and be pulled with any luck.

DoubleDown
12-02-2005, 01:48 PM
sounds like everyone is pretty much trashing on this show. oh well

in a related note ... anyone hear about any new Ali G projects that may be upcoming soon? Da Ali G Show is among my top5 all time shows ever

12-02-2005, 01:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
if its anything like her UK show, it will be pretty weak

[/ QUOTE ]

When I was living in London, we had four tv channels, all BBC. I watched her show once. After that, there was always something better on.

Gary

DoubleDown
12-07-2005, 12:30 AM
did anyone watch this tonite? any reviews?
i was too busy watching the hotties on CBS