PDA

View Full Version : I have seen his cards

12-01-2005, 10:46 PM
Hi. Here is an odd hand.

Wynn 15-30
UTG put out a live staddle (read:laggtard). UTG+1 folded. I had AKo so I 3 bet. Folded to UTG, who somehow didn't see me, my cards, or my chips, and flipped over his A6o thinking he'd won. After being informed that the pot had been contested, he turned the cards back over and called. Flop came down A high with 2 clubs (neither of us had any clubs, and the 6 had no runner-runner straight potential). He bets. What do I do here?

My thoughts and results later.

onegymrat
12-01-2005, 11:17 PM
You should raise the flop and tell him that his kicker is no good. Keep betting to the end.

sy_or_bust
12-01-2005, 11:29 PM
this isn't very interesting. obviously you raise, and he'll hem and haw and decide that you're bluffing him.

hobbsmann
12-01-2005, 11:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
this isn't very interesting. obviously you raise, and he'll hem and haw and decide that you're bluffing him.

[/ QUOTE ]

sweetjazz
12-02-2005, 12:35 AM
One idea is to raise the flop, expecting to get called down.

I think I would just call the flop, trying to give the villain the idea that I am on a club draw. If a 6 comes on the turn, you either check/fold or call depending on your counterfeit two pair odds (plus the implied odds of being able to play the river perfectly). Otherwise, I would raise the turn (expecting him to bet).

You need to be pretty certain villain will bet again on the turn after you call the flop (based on your lagTARD read). You also need to assess whether he is likelier to fold to a flop raise or a turn raise (of if he will call down no matter what).

tpir90036
12-02-2005, 01:16 AM
calling and raising the turn would probably not work here even if he is a lagtard. he might not bet again and he probably isn't calling. i would try to jam up the flop and get called down. hopefully he gets confused.

golferbrent
12-02-2005, 05:19 AM
Raise to get 3 bets in on the flop and open up the ability to get another raise in on the turn. If he is a true laggtard... he should gladly oblige you!!

elindauer
12-02-2005, 07:16 AM
You have to get a raise in before the river, since he can't possibly bet the river for you. The only question is whether to raise now or raise the turn.

Few players would bet/fold this situation since they would feel like fools if you ran a bluff. I think even calling is going to turn on the frighteners for this guy, so I'd raise now and bet all the way, expecting him to call down.

good luck.
eric