PDA

View Full Version : Learning ICM - are these good pushes?

12-01-2005, 09:52 PM
Anyone know why the converter doesn't keep the betting?
These are $11 Party tournies. Assume no reads and my image is irrelevant.

Hand 1:
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t150 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

BB (t1630)
UTG (t2590)
Button (t2125)
Hero (t1655)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
utg folds, button folds. Hero pushes.

hand 2:
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

BB (t1133)
UTG (t3586)
MP (t656)
Button (t1640)
Hero (t985)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, hero pushes.

hand 3:
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t300 (3 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

BB (t1570)
Button (t4852)
Hero (t1578)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
Button folds. Hero pushes.

liucipher
12-01-2005, 09:56 PM
I dont' have SNG PowerTools, but I'm going to guess the first two are iffy.

I'm pretty sure the third is standard.

I also lose money like whoa.

brimstone1
12-01-2005, 10:07 PM
You need to have some sort of reads on your opponents, as with the "ICM" you're talking about you need to set some sort of range for your opponents.

But otherwise, I'd say you don't need 1 or 2 (fold both)... and 3 is ITM, so bubble play/ICM doesn't really apply here... but with 5 BBs left, its ok.

My answer for 1 &amp; 2 would be much more different if you had say 5-8BB, rather than ~10.

Go back and get more hands, these aren't the best specimens.

12-01-2005, 10:11 PM
In HOH2 it says when in SB you're always getting odds to complete. So I think a fold is a mistake?

bluef0x
12-01-2005, 10:14 PM
Here's a hint: Harrington didn't make the book for Party SnG's.

12-01-2005, 10:19 PM
Isn't there a general calling range you can apply to your opponents when it gets to 4-5 handed at a $11 SNG? I'm talking about the range for calling off an entire stack to miss a chance for the money. I'd say this range is 22+,A2+,KT+,QJ. In the first two hands, the opponents had KQo and KQs. He had A6o in the third one.

bluef0x
12-01-2005, 10:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Isn't there a general calling range you can apply to your opponents when it gets to 4-5 handed at a $11 SNG? I'm talking about the range for calling off an entire stack to miss a chance for the money. I'd say this range is 22+,A2+,KT+,QJ. In the first two hands, the opponents had KQo and KQs. He had A6o in the third one.

[/ QUOTE ]

but, your image is not 'irrevelent' like you said in your OP. If you've been pushing every hand... you'll get called by crap. Low limit players don't understand that even if your bluffing- they need to have a hand better than your bluff.

nthn2fancy
12-01-2005, 10:32 PM
to complete is a mistake, unless you're trapping a poosher

raptor517
12-01-2005, 10:50 PM
first push sucks. second push is iffy. third push is auto. holla

12-01-2005, 11:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In HOH2 it says when in SB you're always getting odds to complete. So I think a fold is a mistake?

[/ QUOTE ]

He is refering to heads up play where when you are in the small blind you have position, so it is a good choice to call with any cards.

microbet
12-01-2005, 11:33 PM
I would almost always pass on the first, but not pushing there is a reasonably large mistake against some opponents. It's probably a mistake against the average opponent, but I'm willing to make a little mistake here I guess.

Second hand goes the other way. I will almost always push, but not against a very loose/spite caller.

I guess I almost completely agree with everyone else on the third, but I don't think it is absolutely automatic.

At any rate, if these are the questions you are asking, you can't be far off, IMHO.