PDA

View Full Version : (22) Tough bubble situation with 2 big stacks

golfcchs
12-01-2005, 08:57 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Hero (t2355)
SB (t2320)
BB (t1310)
UTG (t625)
MP (t1390)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t300</font>, SB calls t250, BB calls t200.

Flop: (t900) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets t100</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t500</font>, SB calls t400.

Turn: (t1900) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB bets all in t1520 Hero folds.

SB has been kind of laggy up to this point. Really dont like how this hand played out on all the streets. Wanted to push the turn when I caught the strait draw if sb had made a weak bet, but he pushed all in. What do you do on this hand?

RobGW
12-01-2005, 09:07 PM
On the flop, what do you put SB on? He flat called a PF raise from a big stack. He leads out into the PF raiser and the BB when an A shows up on the flop. I'd say he has an A most of the time. And you said he was pretty laggy so if he has an A he probably isn't going anywhere. You are getting 10:1 on a call and you are closing the action. I'd just call the flop and hope to suck out on him. The way you played it you have to fold the turn. You aren't getting the odds to call and you still have chips to play with. If he's that laggy you have a good chance to get them back.

golfcchs
12-01-2005, 09:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
On the flop, what do you put SB on? He flat called a PF raise from a big stack. He leads out into the PF raiser and the BB when an A shows up on the flop. I'd say he has an A most of the time. And you said he was pretty laggy so if he has an A he probably isn't going anywhere. You are getting 10:1 on a call and you are closing the action. I'd just call the flop and hope to suck out on him. The way you played it you have to fold the turn. You aren't getting the odds to call and you still have chips to play with. If he's that laggy you have a good chance to get them back.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think SB has to have an ace on the flop. He would reraise at least AT+ and will also be calling 2 brodways and mid/low PP. Also I often see the min bet into the raiser as a weak prob, which usually does not mean top pair.

pineapple888
12-01-2005, 09:14 PM
It's not the bubble, but anyway...

PF raise OK, when I get two flat calls (esp from SB), I get worried I'm up against a monster.

Call behind on flop. You have nada, and you're very happy to get a cheap draw to the nuts here. I think raising is pretty bad.

Turbo-muck the turn, of course.