PDA

View Full Version : Loosening up for the party

TwoNiner
12-01-2005, 08:22 PM
This game was pure chaos. Cutoff is playing about 90% of his hands raising half of them, while MP is 60/30 and they absolutely hate each other. Everytime one is in a pot so is the other, CO has backdoored about 4 flushes on MP after peeling with undercards and has been called a child molester, homosexual, and various parts of the female anatomy about 15 times each. Anything reasonable to get in a pot with these two for less than 2 bets is worth it. BB seems like a fairly straightforwad tag, probably adjusting for these two guys some. I've been playing fairly tight waiting to pop these guys with anything reasonable.

Party Poker 10.00/20.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(6 handed)</font> link (http://www.darksun.lunarpages.com/poker/)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

I have to play A7 here as MP open raises a ton of stuff just to play with CO, and CO cold calls here with anything. Equity wise I should raise, but I've reraised this duo about 4 times already with a-big and pairs and they are starting to slow way down when aces come. I rather shoot for some late street carnage with CO viewing MP as the aggressor in the hand.

Flop: (8.00 SB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, MP checks, CO checks.

I have no clue whatsoever here. I checked to see happened but it looks like a clear bet now just to put pressure on BB, the only guy with a brain, plus I wouldn't have to face two cold. Clearly misplayed?

Turn: (4.00 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, MP calls, CO folds.

Hmm wasn't expecting that to get checked, but there is no chance any of these guys are slowplaying except for BB. I'll bet now and maybe fold a better hand from BB.. Now the MP raise coming back could be air, or a ten or a caught str8, almost positive he bets a flush draw on flop. I guess I'll raise since I have the Ace /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, and I can't even count the kind of crap I'd like to fold. Bet out and reraise here?

River: (15.00 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, MP checks.

Final Pot: 15.00 BB.

Now that I've over represented my hand and got a couple of callers I wuss out and check planning to call after making two pair. Missing value on the river now? If river blanks do you bet out praying for folds?

12-01-2005, 10:19 PM
Huh.
I am having the most trouble figuring out what the BB is calling the turn with that he checks the flop with. And if it was a missed checkraise, why doesn't he do it on the turn. The only thing I can figure is that he hits 2 pair on the turn (with 10-8) but is fearful of the straight and flush. So he calls, 3 bets? Confusing. Maybe he has the King of hearts...
I'm thinking a bet on the flop would be good. To see where you are at. Might've made the rest of the hand a bit easier...

Victor
12-01-2005, 11:43 PM
nice description. sounds like fun.

i fold preflop bc a7o is not that strong multiway against overaggro opponents.

the turn looks like a disaster. betting into 4 players on a 4 straight, 3 flush board is just asking to get raised. then, to compound things, you 3bet with 0 fold equity. ugh.

be glad the river was checked around so you didnt have to pay off a 10 (again)