PDA

View Full Version : QQ in a big pot

SGS
12-01-2005, 07:17 PM
I have QQ UTG+2 15/30 game at party and raise a loose limper. There is a loose cold caller, the button 3-bets (he seems aggressive), then the SB cold caps. Early limper folds, I call, cold caller does the same, and button calls. 4 players

FLOP J,9,4 two hearts

SB bets, I call, cold caller calls, button folds.

TURN 9

SB bets, I raise, caller calls, SB calls.

RIVER brick

Checked through, Thoughts?

SGS

Robb
12-01-2005, 07:38 PM
Yeah just one. Are the button and SB friends?

SGS
12-01-2005, 07:39 PM
I have no idea. They haven't shown any signs of collusion if that's what u are asking.

SGS

CardSharpCook
12-01-2005, 07:40 PM
why didn't you bet the river?

tribefan9
12-01-2005, 08:22 PM
Without a read on the small blind I do not like the raise on the turn. A cap like that screams AA-JJ, and you can not beat any of those hands let alone what the other caller has behind you.

oxymoron
12-01-2005, 08:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have QQ UTG+2 15/30 game at party and raise a loose limper. There is a loose cold caller, the button 3-bets (he seems aggressive), then the SB cold caps. Early limper folds, I call, cold caller does the same, and button calls. 4 players

FLOP J,9,4 two hearts

SB bets, I call, cold caller calls, button folds.

TURN 9

SB bets, I raise, caller calls, SB calls.

RIVER brick

Checked through, Thoughts?

SGS

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not raise the flop instead of the turn?

SGS
12-01-2005, 09:45 PM
That's the reason I didn't bet the river. The only hand I could really beat that he plays this way was the AKhh and that isn't calling my river bet. I was just trying to get to showdown while charging people the most possible.

Edited to add, could you just find a fold on the turn?

SGS

SGS
12-01-2005, 09:47 PM
I can charge draws more, and I wasn't even sure if I was going to call the turn bet if it came from SB. His cold cap looks like JJ-AA, with an outside chance of AK. Him betting the turn makes it look like I am almost definately beat, but I wanted a showdown while charging AKhh the most possible so I took this route.

SGS