PDA

View Full Version : this hand felt weird

etizzle
12-01-2005, 06:50 PM
56/30/1.5 guy raises from CO, i call in the BB with KQo.

flop is 333

i check, he bets, i call.

turn 6

check check

river 2r

whats the plan?

Spicymoose
12-01-2005, 06:52 PM
Check call. I doubt you are getting value from a worse hand. I might check raise the flop. I dunno if that is bad though.

Lmn55d
12-01-2005, 07:00 PM
I like 3betting preflop because you're crushing his range. If he's likely to cap and/or go aggro postflop I don't have a huge problem but I think you're better off 3betting. As for postflop I would check/call the river. A lot of guys aren't good enough to value bet big aces on the river so I would be pretty confident I have the best hand if he bets.

EDIT: I also think there's merit to checkraising the flop, but you can't really fold if he 3bets (he'd do it with tons of hands) so I don't know if I like. I'd rather let this donk bluff 3 streets with his 75s. Yea I like calling down a lot better.

jba
12-01-2005, 07:00 PM
yo -- why not 3bet preflop?

I'd c/r the flop, I think.

and I'd probably call the river as it played out.

12-01-2005, 08:04 PM
I'd 3 bet pre-flop and I am so going to showdown against this guy, even if he gives me action. So check again and call. K high is a really solid hand here!

etizzle
12-01-2005, 08:52 PM
3 betting preflop is probably best, although its close. My plan was to checkraise most flops. This looks like a perfect flop to checkraise actually , as I probably have the best hand, but I didnt really want to get played back at as I knew for sure I was going to showdown.

blah that probably doesnt make much sense. I think preflop 3bet is the best play.

So on the river... he almost *certainly* does not have an ace when he checks the turn IMO. Its one thing to check behind with an ace when the board is 8724 or TT6J but when its 3336 i think its a really really easy value bet for an ace on the turn.

what do people think about a river value bet? I can't say i've ever value bet KQ high on the river but I think this would be the spot for it, if there ever was one. I mean [censored] kurosh called with T high in that other hand , there must be some chance this guy calls with Kx or Qx.

12-01-2005, 08:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what do people think about a river value bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

No (it's good to try and expand and consider it, but you just won't get called by a worse hand often enough). Also, it should be a complete blowout for a pre-flop 3 bet against this guy. Like, not even close.

baronzeus
12-01-2005, 09:00 PM
i 3bet preflop every time. also, since you didnt, i c/r the flop. since you didnt, i value bet the river.

jgorham
12-01-2005, 09:08 PM
I would 3bet this hand as well. But I wouldn't ever 3bet AK there. I 3bet KQ because of the difference in pure showdown value in the hands, mostly. You need to 3bet KQ preflop if you ever want an ace high hand to fold.

Jeff W
12-01-2005, 09:28 PM
Looks like a value bet on the river.

12-01-2005, 09:38 PM
Don't make it so complicated. I 3 bet pre-flop to crush my opponent's hopes and dreams. I also don't really see my opponents call me down with K high or worse that often. I do see them impulsively bet when checked to twice, however (and an opponent checking behind with an ace here isn't completely unheard of, either).

Jeff W
12-01-2005, 09:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I also don't really see my opponents call me down with K high or worse that often.

[/ QUOTE ]

You will see it a lot on this board.

12-01-2005, 09:40 PM
K, cool. Value bet then.

etizzle
12-01-2005, 09:47 PM
its a 'complete blowout' that i have the equity to 3 bet him preflop, yes.

it is close, however, between 3 betting and c'r 75% of flop. Depends how he will react. Either way we get 4 bets in and I have the lead.

that said i like a pf 3 bet more than the way i played it, but I think it is close.

12-01-2005, 09:54 PM
I usually try and stray away from the CR thing, since it usually locks me in for more bets when I'm behind some wierd hand. If you think he's going to respond better to a CR though then ya, by all means.