PDA

View Full Version : 10/20 AKo gets lrr

tiltaholic
12-01-2005, 06:22 PM
Standard fare or no?

Villian is UTG and an unknown, but sat down about an orbit or two ago with 5bb. He hasn't done anything very noticeable but seems too loose and weak.

10/20 game, 8 handed. I am in MP with A /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/heart.gif

UTG (villain) limps. fold. fold. I raise. folded back to villain who 3-bets. I cap.

Flop (2 ppl, 9sb)

A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif4 /images/graemlins/heart.gifJ /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Villain leads. I raise. He 3-bets and I cap. He calls.

Turn (8BB) J /images/graemlins/club.gif

He bets. I call intending to call down.

shutupndeal
12-01-2005, 06:39 PM
Id love to bet my lifes-blood that the lucky hump showed you 3 4's in this particular hand BUT as far as you playing the hand, I think you went a bit overboard with the capping AND the raising the turn bet, while its awful important to maximize your good hands I see SO MANY PEOPLE TIME AND AGAIN overplaying those acesLet me ask you this, what do you think he has you on at this point? (the first cap)

Also, Im not the best with these notations yet, this is a full sized ring game is it?

BigEndian
12-01-2005, 06:43 PM
I like calling down after the flop 3-bet. You've announced your hand. He could be a total nimrod, but I give him credit after the 3-bet.

- Jim

MattiasL
12-01-2005, 07:54 PM
In my experience, a lrr is virtually always a big PP. Especially from a weak player. In that case we are WA/WB here.

I would probably call down all the way from the flop, since I do not want him to fold a worse hand.

If I go for more aggression this would be mainly for metagame purposes, but against weak players there is less reason to disguise your play. And if the other players at the table think you are predictable that could be useful later.

tiltaholic
12-02-2005, 09:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I like calling down after the flop 3-bet. You've announced your hand. He could be a total nimrod, but I give him credit after the 3-bet.

- Jim

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks
well i'm glad people didn't suggest raising the turn!

had i called a flop three bet and then he checks the turn.

i'm planning to bet. can i call a check raise?

BigEndian
12-02-2005, 11:07 AM
I'd say there's not enough information. In a live game, you could lay it down most of the time. Online, I think you need to call down most of the time.

- Jim

krishanleong
12-02-2005, 11:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]

- Jim

[/ QUOTE ]

Same.

Krishan

krishanleong
12-02-2005, 11:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]

had i called a flop three bet and then he checks the turn.

i'm planning to bet. can i call a check raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, I bet planning on calling down a cr.

Krishan

12-02-2005, 11:56 AM
i would guess 44 but is AJ not a possibility also?

i would prob call down (crying) hoping to see A4s or big pair; he did sit down w/ 5bb's so maybe he's just assuming he's gonna be all in on the hand anyway