PDA

View Full Version : NL player switching to 6max limit

12-01-2005, 04:00 PM
PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, CO calls.

Flop: (10 SB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 8 BB

Should I have folded the flop or should I just get to showdown with this hand?

jba
12-01-2005, 04:06 PM
2 jacks, bd flush, bd straight, I'm seeing the turn.

if he's over aggro I go to showdown, but not against unknown

BoxTree
12-01-2005, 04:12 PM
I bet this flop. And then I fold when raised. The pot isn't quite large enough to call given your weak backdoor draws.

Incidentally, why switch from NL to 6 max?

BoxTree
12-01-2005, 04:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

2 Jacks are very likely clean. But both backdoor draws could be tainted. I'd give them a total of 1.5 outs. So...3.5 outs. 13:1 in the pot. Eh, it's close. I'd still rather fold.

jba
12-01-2005, 04:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

2 Jacks are very likely clean. But both backdoor draws could be tainted. I'd give them a total of 1.5 outs. So...3.5 outs. 13:1 in the pot. Eh, it's close. I'd still rather fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

why would bd straight draws be tainted and jacks not?

12-01-2005, 04:43 PM
I was just getting bored playing NL and I also like the post flop play element a lot better in limit.

BoxTree
12-02-2005, 01:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

why would bd straight draws be tainted and jacks not?

[/ QUOTE ]

If a backdoor straight draw comes in, it's obvious. It's unlikely that Hero would get more than one big bet on the river (and I'm not sure he'd even get that). So the implied odds go down. And if Villain has an ace or a ten (very reasonable), the likelihood that the backdoor draw will come in goes down. As for Jacks, I doubt that Villain has QQ or KK as Hero would have seen a cap preflop. I suppose the two remaining Jacks are tainted in the sense that they may help give Villain a straight. But I think the Jacks are almost totally clean.

BoxTree
12-02-2005, 01:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I was just getting bored playing NL

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, prepare to replace boredom with frustration. /images/graemlins/smile.gif