PDA

View Full Version : $11 stats, thinking of moving to $22s

AceRat138
12-01-2005, 04:00 PM
I just finished playing 1000 10+1 SNG's. I am 39% ITM with a %20 ROI (is this a low ROI for the % I am in the money?). I am not new to playing SNG's but in the past I did not keep records of my play.

I am currently 4 tabling the 11s and was wondering if it would be feasible for me to move up to the 22s while maintaining a similar ROI. Are the 22s much more difficult to play than the 11s? Should I play the same way in the 22s as I do in the 11s, or are their strategical adjustments that should be made for the higher buy-in. Any insight into this situation would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. Feel free to make fun of me and tell me how stupid I am, just include the reasons I am stupid so I can learn from my mistakes /images/graemlins/wink.gif

handsome
12-01-2005, 04:03 PM
How and why the hell do people stay at that level for so long? Think about your opportunity cost. It's like staying at $0.50/1 for 100k hands.. such a waste of time when you can wreck 1/2 for a similar win rate.

12-01-2005, 04:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How and why the hell do people stay at that level for so long? Think about your opportunity cost. It's like staying at $0.50/1 for 100k hands.. such a waste of time when you can wreck 1/2 for a similar win rate.

[/ QUOTE ]

So I take it you think he should move up?

citanul
12-01-2005, 04:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Are the 22s much more difficult to play than the 11s? Should I play the same way in the 22s as I do in the 11s, or are their strategical adjustments that should be made for the higher buy-in.

P.S. Feel free to make fun of me and tell me how stupid I am, just include the reasons I am stupid so I can learn from my mistakes /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

you could, you know, play a few and find this stuff out pretty quickly.

c

me1tdown
12-01-2005, 04:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you could, you know, play a few and find this stuff out pretty quickly.

c

[/ QUOTE ]

nh. I love this one -- it never gets old.

BAK
12-01-2005, 04:13 PM
I am not qualified to answer any of the questions you asked, but I will ask one of my own.

Is there any reason not to substitute one or two $22s for the $11s you are playing and see what the story is? Or single or 2-table the $22s to get a feel for them? I am only asking because I had always thought that moving up would be a kind of gradual transition for me (if it ever happens), but it sounds like you are thinking of just going cold turkey.

Edit to say I type too slow.

FlyWf
12-01-2005, 04:20 PM
You've made like $2500, I think you can survive losing $22 or even $44. Stats are worthless for answering your question.

ROI vs. ITM is not a very important point. You have a good ROI. That's all that matters. Finishing in the money a lot is a symptom, ROI is the disease. And strategical is redundant, the adjective form of strategy is strategic.

12-01-2005, 04:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You're stupid because you haven't tried the $22s for yourself, yet. You're stupid because you think others' experiences moving from the $11s to the $22s will be the same as yours. You're stupid because this question gets asked all the time and the answer is always the same (with varying dgrees of friendliness): try it.

Is that what you were looking for?

citanul
12-01-2005, 04:24 PM
you don't do well on the choreography, but you did ok on the technical marks.

12-01-2005, 04:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You're stupid because you haven't tried the $22s for yourself, yet. You're stupid because you think others' experiences moving from the $11s to the $22s will be the same as yours. You're stupid because this question gets asked all the time and the answer is always the same (with varying dgrees of friendliness): try it.

Is that what you were looking for?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometimes the feeling of community and sharing is overwhelming.

12-01-2005, 04:53 PM
I moved from the 11s to the 22s some time ago. At first I thought it was very easy. After 100 22s my ROI was 40% or something like that, but suddenly I lost(Not ITM) 27 times in a row. I had to go back to the 11s.

Then I got someone here on 2+2 to look at some of my HH. I was told, some things which I did wrong, and now I 4-table the 22s with an ROI of approximately 20%.
So a big thanks to Zambonidrivr here from 2+2

Best regards
Thomas