PDA

View Full Version : Why was I banned?

12-01-2005, 03:04 PM
WTF is with this place? You can no longer speak your mind here? Which one of the 30 mods banned me. The least the coward could do was message me with why and who decided.

Enjoy your power.

Alobar
12-01-2005, 03:10 PM
2p2 is rigged /images/graemlins/frown.gif

12-01-2005, 03:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

nh sir. And to the OP: you will be missed, if only for comedic value. Enjoy!

12-01-2005, 03:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know a lot of the small minded folks on this forum hate me but WTF.. 1600 posts 2 years and im banned on a whim?

Total bs.

Alobar
12-01-2005, 03:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know a lot of the small minded folks on this forum hate me but WTF.. 1600 posts 2 years and im banned on a whim?

Total bs.

[/ QUOTE ]

for the record, I dont hate you. I think you are an idiot, but I like you anyways /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I havent read that thread really, soI cant say, but it wouldnt suprise me at all if you got banned for no reason. There are some uhm....questionable...mods on these forums

Voltron87
12-01-2005, 03:20 PM
coming back after being banned is ground for permanent banning, IIRC.

BradleyT
12-01-2005, 04:06 PM
gabby,

Of your 1600 posts, how many do you think were poker strategy related?

MrWookie47
12-01-2005, 04:10 PM
I wasn't the one who banned you, but us mods can now leave notes about why someone was banned for other mods to see. You were banned for bypassing the language filter, and for being a "class A douchebag."

usmfan
12-01-2005, 04:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
and for being a "class A douchebag."

[/ QUOTE ]

There are going to be a lot fewer people around here soon if that's the standard. Possibly myself included. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

timprov
12-01-2005, 04:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I wasn't the one who banned you, but us mods can now leave notes about why someone was banned for other mods to see. You were banned for bypassing the language filter, and for being a "class A douchebag."

[/ QUOTE ]

Wasn't me either, but overdue IMO.

MrWookie47
12-01-2005, 05:14 PM
The douchebag sentiment was just lumped on top of the primary offense, bypassing the filter, for other mods to get a chuckle at if they investigate. And, actually, it appears that the violation was on a word that was allowed by the filter rather than bypassing it deliberately. I believe OP's account has been unbanned. I think I'll drop Mat a note about the word, though.

citanul
12-01-2005, 05:18 PM
haha, no, the funny part of it was that gabyyyy circumvented the censor to write fuckers without the s, while you can write fuckers with the s, with a modicum of creativity in your sentence construction. still though, mat should probably get on fixing fuckers.

12-01-2005, 05:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wonder how many people out there are looking at that and thinking -- exactly how many different classes are there?

I know I am.

Alobar
12-01-2005, 05:29 PM
good point. From now on I think im gunna start calling people "class B douchebag"

MrWookie47
12-01-2005, 05:32 PM
You know those secret notes I mentioned that are only visible to moderators? Well, we've had some discussion going on in the secret mod forum (again, only visible to mods). It's been decided that we need to classify all posters according to their level of douche-ness. Each mod has been charged with going through their forum and classifying their constituency on a scale of A-F. This makes it easier for the mods in other forums to identify the grade A "douchebag" posters and shun them, and to welcome the grade F "not really a douche" posters. There has been some discussion about how long a poster is allowed to sit at grade A status before being banned, but at this point that mechanism hasn't been implemented in the software. The Zoo's own Mike Haven was appointed by Mat to be the Head Doucheologist, much to the chagrin of Commodus. All disputes over a particular poster's grade (for posters with multiple forums they frequent) are settled by him.

<font color="white"> [/jopke] </font>

CORed
12-01-2005, 05:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
good point. From now on I think im gunna start calling people "class B douchebag"

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I would be more offended by being called a "class B douchebag" than by being called a "class A douchebag". If I'm gonna be a douchebag, I want to be the best douchebag I can be.

whodaman
12-01-2005, 05:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
coming back after being banned is ground for permanent banning, IIRC.

[/ QUOTE ]

this policy makes great sense... if your banned and come back you get permanently banned. lol.I guess i wont come back if i ever get banned.

Xcalibur
12-01-2005, 05:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]

If I'm gonna be a douchebag, I want to be the best douchebag I can be.

[/ QUOTE ]

Atta boy! That's a man with a vision.

Mike Haven
12-01-2005, 05:44 PM
Don't worry, CORed. There was no argument over your grading.

jman220
12-01-2005, 06:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

nh sir. And to the OP: you will be missed, if only for comedic value. Enjoy!

[/ QUOTE ]

Gabby, don't feel bad, Capo was previously banned too.

jrz1972
12-01-2005, 06:10 PM
So basically it goes something like this:

Class A Douche: Matusow
:
:
:
:
Class F Douche (not really a douche at all): Barry Greenstein

Have I got the gist of this right?

jman220
12-01-2005, 06:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You know those secret notes I mentioned that are only visible to moderators? Well, we've had some discussion going on in the secret mod forum (again, only visible to mods). It's been decided that we need to classify all posters according to their level of douche-ness. Each mod has been charged with going through their forum and classifying their constituency on a scale of A-F. This makes it easier for the mods in other forums to identify the grade A "douchebag" posters and shun them, and to welcome the grade F "not really a douche" posters. There has been some discussion about how long a poster is allowed to sit at grade A status before being banned, but at this point that mechanism hasn't been implemented in the software. The Zoo's own Mike Haven was appointed by Mat to be the Head Doucheologist, much to the chagrin of Commodus. All disputes over a particular poster's grade (for posters with multiple forums they frequent) are settled by him.

<font color="white"> [/jopke] </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Considering the sheer volume of posts and number of posters, how can this possibly be practical?

Mike Haven
12-01-2005, 06:19 PM
Some, like yourself, go straight to the top of the list for grading, based on the content of their posts.

Others, like Barry Greenstein, will be dealt with when we get down to grading F's.

gabyyyyy
12-01-2005, 06:20 PM
All settled.

I am a full IT again.

jdl22
12-01-2005, 06:39 PM
Looks like you've improved a bit as well:
user: gabyyyyy
notes: grade A- douchebag

gabyyyyy
12-01-2005, 06:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Looks like you've improved a bit as well:
user: gabyyyyy
notes: grade A- douchebag

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats not very nice.. And you think mods should be calling other posters "douchebags" ?

Crix
12-01-2005, 07:11 PM
I think that the Mods have shown very poor taste and a lack of professionalism in the manner they have posted here. The Mods should always maintain a level of decorum that demands the respect of the other posters. When their posts become as child'ish as they have here, respect is the last thing I would bestow upon any of them.

mackthefork
12-01-2005, 07:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think that the Mods have shown very poor taste and a lack of professionalism in the manner they have posted here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point, I suggest we dock them all a months pay. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Mack

Synergistic Explosions
12-01-2005, 07:55 PM
The mods are cool ass dudes!

They gave me the * I always wanted!!!!

Go Mods!

Mike Haven
12-01-2005, 08:43 PM
Sorry, Crix. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

More self-flagellation for me tonight.

adanthar
12-01-2005, 08:44 PM
Now that you're back, wanna come back to your thread? Because it's hilarious.

12-01-2005, 09:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think that the Mods have shown very poor taste and a lack of professionalism in the manner they have posted here. The Mods should always maintain a level of decorum that demands the respect of the other posters. When their posts become as child'ish as they have here, respect is the last thing I would bestow upon any of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Douchebag level: B+

AAmaz0n
12-01-2005, 11:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, Crix. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

More self-flagellation for me tonight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't torture yourself, dear. Leave it to a professional like me. &lt;wicked grin&gt;

Are the douchebags in here all taken or are they for general use? I could stand to "freshen up" a bit this evening. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Shauna