PDA

View Full Version : on taking notes

cunningham22
12-01-2005, 02:57 PM
In SNGs, to what extent is taking player notes important? In many posts, responders give advice, but also ask if there are reads. I occassionally will put a note if someone makes a really donkish move or seems to know 2+2 concepts, but in most situations, is a player's performance in one $10+1 enough information to make a generalization? Let me know how you all use the player notes feature and incorporate it with your play. I primarily play PP 10s, btw.

jb9
12-01-2005, 03:18 PM
Here was my response to a similar question in this thread (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=0&Number=4013908&an=&page=0&v c=1).

Obviously, the larger the player population the less useful specific notes are, so at the PP 10s you won't end up at tables with players you've made notes on too often.

Still, I think it is a useful habit to get into. Even if you never get to use a particular note to make a great laydown or bluff later on, by regularly taking notes you are forcing yourself to pay attention to your opponents and evaluate their play and not just play your own cards or make generic decisions based on the situation.

se2schul
12-01-2005, 03:21 PM
If I'm only playing a table or two, I pay as much attention to calling standards as possible and make notes.

nthn2fancy
12-01-2005, 03:23 PM
i 10 table the 33s and i only note who the other multitablers are

12-01-2005, 04:59 PM
I single table 5.50's and 11's and note taking helps me alot, as it forces me to pay attention to every hand. I rarely see the same players later, but in my opinion if taking notes wins you even one hand per SNG it's worth it.

I try to get the most out of every SNG I play. For me, this means actively thinking about the hands that I'm not involved in and trying to put players on a range of hands. I'm guessing that most of the posters here don't do this until the bubble because they are advanced enough to multi-table.

I'm a bit of a plodder, though, and I suspect it will be quite some time before I move up or multi-table.