PDA

View Full Version : O8 .25/.50 NL hand

12-01-2005, 02:52 PM
I wanted to get some opinions on this hand. Remember that this is NL, and everyone's stack is around $30.

There is an early position limper, Villain 1 limps, then I pot it for a raise of 2.25 with A3JJ (rainbow). I get a call from the button (Villain 2) and a call from Villain 1. Flop comes down J84 all hearts, and Villain 1 pushes for her other $27 (pot is around $10). Given that Villain 2 is behind me, and my read on Villain 1 is nut flush with no low draw, do I: a) fold or b) call?

12-01-2005, 02:56 PM
I would never fold this. But I haven't even begun to think about the odds. Let's see, you're about 30% to fill up. Another nice chunk to catch a low assuming your A3 is going to be good, yeah it looks like a no-brainer call.

(If you're not a pussy.)

12-01-2005, 03:34 PM
I did call, then Villain 2 overcalled. Hands were flipped over, Villain 1 had A5XX of hearts, Villain 2 had A2XX (with no draw for high).

I'm a favourite HU against A5XX of hearts (55%), but only around 33% equity against both of those hands. Is there any other way this could have played out?

12-01-2005, 03:45 PM
Bad call by Villian 2, get a better read on him. I dont see u getting away from this hand. U have too many outs to scoop or at least split. Villian 2 made a terrible call, hope for a 2 or board to pair. I dont think there is anything u can do, especially if u put villian 1 on not flush.

12-01-2005, 07:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would never fold this. But I haven't even begun to think about the odds. Let's see, you're about 30% to fill up. Another nice chunk to catch a low assuming your A3 is going to be good, yeah it looks like a no-brainer call.

[/ QUOTE ]

How bad a fold would this be if you knew Villain 2 would call behind?

12-01-2005, 09:36 PM
Question, why do you put Villian 1 on a no low draw if you think he has nut flush? That would mean he has the Ace right? Now to answer your question; the answer isn't always going to be one or the other, it does depend on if you feel Villian 2 will call behind also. I'd probably fold in this situation most of the time. But if you feel the guy will call behind and has enough to cover the All-in from V1 and have more to cover a turn and river bet, it could be very profitable to call here. It's very situational.

12-01-2005, 10:02 PM
When I first read the post, I thought it's a coin toss situation and one that I'd probably shy away from if I'm not the bettor since I don't have the nut low draw and I'm only guessing that bettor doesn't have me beaten both ways. If you feel you can outplay your opponents why get into coin flips?

Twodimes agrees with me on the coin flip, in most cases. If you give him the nut flush (or any flush really, since you have no heart draw) and a low card with his ace, it's 55-45 in your favor. Give him a pair of low cards say AK67 and it's only 52.5-47.5. If you give him A2xx or A3xx, you're behind.

I would expect the player behind you to fold more often than not - but when he does call he ought to have a nut low draw at the least. I don't think it changes your situation if he calls though (the villain's foolish for doing so and is going to be 1/4'd often). The pot odds change in concert with your EV, so it's a push for you though.

*On 2nd thought, the dead money in the pot makes this a call everytime.

Jorge10
12-01-2005, 10:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Question, why do you put Villian 1 on a no low draw if you think he has nut flush? That would mean he has the Ace right?

[/ QUOTE ]

The answer was in the OP. Check below.

[ QUOTE ]
Flop comes down J84 all hearts, and Villain 1 pushes for her other $27 (pot is around $10).

[/ QUOTE ]

You are in good shape on the flop. I dont mind the call, just sucks that the other guy called behind you.

Edit: Forgot to say, given that betting pattern, he will show you the Ah without a second heart quite a bit.

12-02-2005, 01:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I dont mind the call, just sucks that the other guy called behind you.

[/ QUOTE ]
The extra call doesn't suck at all. Worst case is a single player has A2h. Then you're really f'd. Having an extra caller isn't a problem, just pray for the board to pair and the low to miss (or a deuce to fall).

gergery
12-02-2005, 01:15 AM
it sucks if the first guy doesn't have a low but the 2nd one does.

12-02-2005, 02:21 AM
What I'm saying is that it reasons to beleive you're up against a flush as well as an A2. I'd rather have those hands split than in a single hand; none of your outs are killed if a second player joins in, given that those two hands are out there.