PDA

View Full Version : Bankroll suggestions

chosen1
07-08-2003, 02:32 AM
I've been playing and studying seven card stud seriously for a few years playing mostly online. I own the West book as well as theory of poker and Advanced Stud and Othmers book as well and have studied them all extensively...and plan on purchasing the turbo software as well to additionally polish my game soon..I've played primarily no ante and been a consistent winner and now would like to build a bankroll and move up to the 2/4 with a .25cent ante full-time. I would appreciate very much ideas, thoughts, and suggestions as to approximately sufficent bankroll requirements for a tight aggressive player at this limit...thank you..

Wombat6
07-08-2003, 10:07 AM
where are you playing? online?

chosen1
07-09-2003, 09:07 AM
several sites including Paradise, Party, Ultimate, and looking at some others but 2/4 with .50 ante would be the focus..why you ask?

Wombat6
07-09-2003, 12:31 PM
bigger ante = looser structure , looser structure = looser play. looser play = wider variation, wider variation = larger standard deviation (maybe), Larger standard deviation (maybe) = Larger bankroll.

My advice: If you are indeed a winning player you shouldnt need more than $2000 /forums/images/icons/frown.gif you might get by with $1200. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif $800 if you are really good /forums/images/icons/cool.gif $400 if you are really lucky /forums/images/icons/blush.gif
this is for a stand alone long term bankroll. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif
YMMV. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

My recommendation: put $400 into the site of your choice and keep $800 quite handy. Always use some type of table selection criteria.

Wombat6