PDA

View Full Version : Good steal or - EV?

asdf1234
07-08-2003, 02:30 AM
Party Poker 1-2, slightly better than typical table, involved players are somewhat weak.

I'm in the CO and get dealt K /forums/images/icons/club.gif Q /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif. One limper to me, I limp as well (I know I should probably raise with just one limper, but that's not the point of the post). Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: [J /forums/images/icons/heart.gif T /forums/images/icons/club.gif 7 /forums/images/icons/club.gif ]
SB bets, BB folds, first limper calls, I call, button folds.

Turn: [4 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif ]
SB checks, first limper checks, I bet. At this point, I'm pretty sure that the SB bet a club draw because he has been doing this all night and letting up on the turn when he doesn't hit. I'm not sure about the first limper, but I think that if he has top pair he bets in this situation. I'm obviously hoping to win right here, but I've got outs. Both call.

River: [5 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif ]
Both check, I bet, both fold.

Woohoo.

I felt I had a good read on the SB, but not so much on the first limper. How many of you would take two shots at this pot with king high?

lil'
07-08-2003, 02:38 AM
(I know I should probably raise with just one limper, but that's not the point of the post).
Probably, no. Certainly, yes! (besides, picking up the pot may have been easier if you raised pre-flop)

Did you consider raising the flop? (especially if SB loves to bet his flush draws?)

I like the turn bet and river bet.

Ed Miller
07-08-2003, 05:41 AM
I would have raised preflop without a doubt. I would have raised the flop without a doubt. I definitely bet the turn and river.

Joe Tall
07-08-2003, 07:41 AM
Raise preflop.

Raise the flop with your open-ender.

I like the bets on the Turn and the River.

Homer
07-08-2003, 12:02 PM
Preflop - KQo in the CO after a single limper should be a routine raise.

Flop - Raise with your open-ender and overcards.

Turn - I would have taken the free card against most players, but if these guys are weak betting could be better. SB is probably on a flush draw, but what about the caller? Most likely he has a pair, maybe a pair and a gutshot. If you can get him to lay down such a hand on the turn/river, then I like the bet. If he won't fold a pair no matter what, then I like checking behind and taking the free card.

River - Given that you bet the turn, you must bet the river. Otherwise, don't bet the turn.

-- Homer