PDA

View Full Version : People Who Scream "ONE TIME!"

grandgnu
12-01-2005, 12:59 PM
What is up with all the people screaming "ONE TIME!" at the poker table?

Do they honestly believe they have never won with a dominated hand EVER in their poker careers, and deserve to have their 20% shot pull through?

codewarrior
12-01-2005, 01:02 PM

kenberman
12-01-2005, 01:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What is up with all the people screaming "ONE TIME!" at the poker table?

Do they honestly believe they have never won with a dominated hand EVER in their poker careers, and deserve to have their 20% shot pull through?

[/ QUOTE ]

duck

thatpfunk
12-01-2005, 01:06 PM
In his defense this aplies to alot of things. One of my friend yells it constantly playing basketball, beirut (beer pong), picking up chicks, watching sports, etc.

Soul Daddy
12-01-2005, 01:08 PM
I thought this was going to be about warning that the cops had arrived.

swede123
12-01-2005, 01:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In his defense this aplies to alot of things. One of my friend yells it constantly playing basketball, beirut (beer pong), picking up chicks, watching sports, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your friend does sound like a douche, but that doesn't pardon the OP from being an even bigger douche for posting what he did where he did it.

Swede

diebitter
12-01-2005, 01:10 PM
Awwww, I thought it was gonna be a story about a flute and band camp...

thatpfunk
12-01-2005, 01:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your friend does sound like a douche, but that doesn't pardon the OP from being an even bigger douche for posting what he did where he did it.

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]
It would seem like it would really annoying but he doesn't yell it in a mocking way or anything (often it is him just saying it aloud to himself). He says it normally before he is about to do something (shoot a big shot, etc), sort of like encouranging himself. I think its just become a way of concentrating before or during a competitive action.

imported_anacardo
12-01-2005, 01:14 PM
You, sir, want B&M. Perhaps you will be spared too great a thrashing.

Voltron87
12-01-2005, 01:18 PM
i do this during pretty much every game of beer pong i play with certain people, during most yankee games, but not in poker at all.

ononimo
12-01-2005, 01:20 PM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y204/OccamsRazor/nopkrinoot.gif

captZEEbo1
12-01-2005, 01:20 PM
they are not saying "please hold up for once in my life", they are saying "please hold up just this once b/c for some reason it's extra important now." I think anyways, maybe I'm wrong.

MonkeeMan
12-01-2005, 01:21 PM
and will they never scream it again if they hit?

bosoxfan
12-01-2005, 01:31 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v247/razor27/oot.jpg

Phoenix1010
12-01-2005, 01:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds awesome. For some reason the idea of this guy yelling "one time!!" before going to talk to a chick is cracking me up. This would make a funny skit, a guy who pleads to the gods for one success before he does anything.

grandgnu
12-01-2005, 01:58 PM
Just ONE TIME I'd like to post something in OOT and not get thrashed, ONE TIME!

NLSoldier
12-01-2005, 03:02 PM
saying "one time" is awesome.

soko
12-01-2005, 03:18 PM
One more time! (http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/daftpunk/onemoretime.html)

bones
12-01-2005, 03:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
For some reason the idea of this guy yelling "one time!!" before going to talk to a chick is cracking me up.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is going into my arsenal.

grandgnu
12-01-2005, 03:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
For some reason the idea of this guy yelling "one time!!" before going to talk to a chick is cracking me up.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's your problem right there. Chicks should be coming up to you.......

benfranklin
12-01-2005, 03:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What is up with all the people screaming at the poker table?

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

A. The cards don't know or care that you are screaming.

B. In particular, screaming something "one time" make you sound like Mike Matusow, whining about his pitiful little life.

C. Screaming in hopes of hitting a hand generally indicates that you are trying to suck out big time. Why draw attention to your pathetic play?

D. Screaming after you hit a hand generally indicates that you did suck out big time. Why draw attention to your pathetic play?

E. Screaming about anything in public indicates a lack of maturity, experience, and consideration for others. As Vince Lombardi said about scoring a touchdown, you should act like you've been there before, and intend to be there again.

mlagoo
12-01-2005, 05:37 PM
i kinda love screaming one time

but i do it ironically

so its ok

trevor
12-01-2005, 07:54 PM
OMFG even though it's photo shop this is just great.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v247/razor27/oot.jpg

callmedonnie
12-01-2005, 08:14 PM
Yea, but I personally think it is the funniest thing. When I play with my friends and we flip over the cards, it is generally policy. When I play at a local tournament I usually don't even bother though if I am ever in a situation where a camera is on the table, my biggest fear is forgetting to shout, "One time!"

Annulus
12-01-2005, 10:19 PM
lol

smoore
12-01-2005, 10:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's your problem right there. Chicks should be coming up to you.......

[/ QUOTE ]

... saying to themselves, "One time!"